Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: BBQ crappie ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default BBQ crappie ?????

looking for a few ideas how to grill/ smoke bbq crappie, also sauce ideas that do well with this fish. please help

Post Thanks / Like

I put salt pepper on the fish lay in some foil add some butter sliced onions sliced tomatoes and sliced squash and slices potatoes sprinkel salt and pepper to taste.
    fold the foil over the fish and other ingredients fold the sids up so the butter dont run out cook on the pit about 20 minutes or till the fish flakes with a fork and the potatoes are tender

~sticko~

Post Thanks / Like

Default I love crappie on the grill!

I put my fillets in a fish grilling basket that clamps shut so I can flip them all at one time without tearing them up. I lightly brush them with olive oil and generously sprinkle on some of Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic seasoning (both sides). Grill 3 minutes or so per side at 350 degrees -- may vary based on the thickness of the fillet.

Quick, easy and VERY tasty. Good luck!
    - LOZcrappie (Scott)

I would not exchange my leisure hours for all the wealth in the world. --Comte de Mirabeau (1749-1791)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sticko
    I put salt pepper on the fish lay in some foil add some butter sliced onions sliced tomatoes and sliced squash and slices potatoes sprinkel salt and pepper to taste.
    fold the foil over the fish and other ingredients fold the sids up so the butter dont run out cook on the pit about 20 minutes or till the fish flakes with a fork and the potatoes are tender

~sticko~
    quoted for emphasis.. this is exactly what i do and its awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Wrap about 1/3 of a filet with bacon then sprinkle with dry rub. Grill for about 3 min. per side and enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's a recipe that's pretty good.

BBQ’d Crappie and Vegetable Stir Fry

3/4 lb. Crappie fillets,skin removed
    1 tablespoon butter
    1 medium green pepper,cut into 3/4 –inch chunks
    1 medium onion,thinly sliced
    ¼ teaspoon paprika
    ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
    ¼ teaspoon salt
    1 medium tomato,cut into 7-8 wedges

Prepare grill for medium direct heat.Cut 2 18x18-inch sheets of heavy-duty foil.Arrange fillets in center of 1 sheet of foil.Fold up edges of foil to hold juices.Dot fillets with butter.Sprinkle fillets evenly with pepper chunks,onion slices,paprika,pepper and salt.Cover with remaining sheet of foil,crimping the edges together to seal.

Place packet on cooking grate.Grill,uncovered,for 5 minutes.Stir,recover.Grill for 3 minutes longer.Add tomato.Re-cover.Grill 5-7 minutes longer,or until fish is firm and opaque and just begins to flake with a fork and tomoto is hot.

Double recipe with more fish added.
    CrappieMagnet