Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: joejv4 Hows the Salmon run been?

Post Thanks / Like

Default joejv4 Hows the Salmon run been?

Have you been in the river??? I was able to see a Salmon landed the other day via the web cam

http://24.97.183.50/

Buts been down (again)

Post Thanks / Like

S L O W...

Water levels in the smaller tribs are way down this year. The Oswego river has probably the best run going on so far. I had a couple on that got off when I went up there a couple weeks back, and my buddy landed a 28" brown just before we headed home at sunset.

Tried Sterling Creek - it's so low that there isn't even any detectable current. So far they're only getting them down at the mouth - in the channel where the Fair Haven Park pond connects to the lake.

Maxwell creek is a trickle - they're getting a few at the mouth. Sandy Creek and Oak Orchard (both West of Rochester) are pretty productive.

Salmon River... still low. There are fish all the way up to the hatchery, but not in the normally huge numbers.

We've started getting rain the last few days, with more in the forecast the rest of the week. Hopefully that'll get the water up and the fish will start moving up in decent numbers.

My license expired at the end of Sept, will get a new one this weekend. Hopefully, by the time I get back from a deer hunting weekend (the 20th), there will be some decent salmon fishing and I hope to land a couple.

Post Thanks / Like

Same on Erie. Lack of rain and high temps is slowing the run. We have some rain and cooler temps in the forecast and when they come together there should be a jam of fish coming in.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by REDBOAT
    I was able to see a Salmon landed the other day via the web cam

http://24.97.183.50/

Buts been down (again)

By the way - that webcam is AWESOME!!!!!! thank you for the link!

Post Thanks / Like

I am sure the fishing is going to pick up good in the next week or so. My dad has seen quite a few jumping in the harbor. So naturally it has quieted the perch bite down.

Grizz, good looking "eyes" on your site!

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor made a trip out to Sodus to try Maxwell creek yesterday - the water is still real low. He said the only fish you can catch in there right now are crayfish.

More rain in the forecast for this afternoon and tonight - maybe if we keep getting a little every other day, the streams will come back up.

Deer hunting in the ADK's this weekend - back after fishies next weekend.