Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hdtv??????????

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hdtv??????????

I went lookin' today. I didn't understand or could not relate to the manufacturer specifications. Only thing I understood was pixels. The rest was nonsense. Any HDTV advice? Pros Or Cons? I was looking hard at a Sharp 1080p 37 incher.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with the 32inch RCA tv that I bought 4 years ago, don't have HD and I see it perfectly fine (digital satellite). The guy we are building a house for was telling he how he caint wait to buy a big HDTV to put in his shop(more like a sports barn). And don't understand why someone has to spend that much more money for the HD than the regular ones. He is gonna watch the same thing I will and get the same thing out of it...... But on the other hand, I know a few people that have them and talk about how much they really love them........ Cane Pole good luck on your search... and some interesting info on the link that hnd posted.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

the difference between hd and analog/digital signal is astronomical....i have 50 digital channels but if its not on my 10 hd channels i'll rarely watch unless its on history or food network...

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hnd
    the difference between hd and analog/digital signal is astronomical....i have 50 digital channels but if its not on my 10 hd channels i'll rarely watch unless its on history or food network...
    Good read. I just don't trust folks who get paid to evaluate. Kinda like Motor Trend Magazine.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

hdtv picture quality is awesome. I bought an hdtv a year or two ago and I really was blown away when I upgraded my satellite service to hd. If you enjoy watching sports it is a must have!! The only way the picture could be better is if it was in 3D. Just my two cents thrown in.

Post Thanks / Like

I highly recommend an HDTV and you should get a set. Here is a site with more technical info then you probably want to know:

http://www.hdtvprimer.com/ISSUES/what_is_ATSC.html

And, here is the government site:

http://www.dtv.gov/

Enjoy

Post Thanks / Like

HD is pretty useless for anything other than sports. But you can see much more detail with it. You can say "Yeah he was out of bounds" with total confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984
    HD is pretty useless for anything other than sports. But you can see much more detail with it. You can say "Yeah he was out of bounds" with total confidence.
    apparently you didn't watch "planet earth" on discovery in hd

Post Thanks / Like

I remember watching Lord of the Rings for the first time on a friends 50 inch HD and it was amazing. There were details that you didn't even see at the theater. Contrary to some of the above statements that it doesn't make much difference, it makes a huge difference as long as you have a HD source. I don't watch tv except for football and a golf tourny once in a while, but if I watched often I would definitely get a HD especially now that you can get decent set for so much less. If I had a HD and got Sat. I would probably find more to watch that interests me, but most broadcast TV is crap now and watching commercials is excruciating. I'm no expert on HD sets, but I keep an eye on a few things and I know that DLP and LCD sets have pretty much caught up to Plasma in picture quality, and are less unless you get the monster screens like 60-80 inches. I have seen 780p sets in Sams for far below 1k recently.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4370-6475_7-....html?tag=lnav
    Last edited by GRIZZ; 10-09-2007 at 02:11 PM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast