Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Struck out at Tobosofkee...

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Struck out at Tobosofkee...

Went to Tobosofkee this morning, lake was 1 ft. below fool pool. Hit all my usual spots, but did not put a fish in the boat. Lots of fish on the finder, all staged in the creek mouths in 18-20 ft of water, but they were stacked in tight on the cover. Tried trolling, slow drifting, drop shotting nothing worked. I left my minnow bucket at home so I did not have any minnows, that might have helped. Well that's fishing...maybe next week after the weather stabilizes they will be ready to come home with me and get fitted for cornmeal overcoats.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Dutch

Hey Dutch, You sure gave it your best shot. but at least we know they are staging in the mouth of the creeks now, spawn can't be far away. O happy days! Nice try, Better luck next time. Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    Went to Tobosofkee this morning, lake was 1 ft. below fool pool. Hit all my usual spots, but did not put a fish in the boat. Lots of fish on the finder, all staged in the creek mouths in 18-20 ft of water, but they were stacked in tight on the cover. Tried trolling, slow drifting, drop shotting nothing worked. I left my minnow bucket at home so I did not have any minnows, that might have helped. Well that's fishing...maybe next week after the weather stabilizes they will be ready to come home with me and get fitted for cornmeal overcoats.
    I like that......"getting fitted for cornmeal overcoats"!!
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tobee

Dutch,

Don't sweat it!! I live less than five minutes from Tobee and have never caught crappie to amount to anything. I'll drive by Tobee to Sinclair or West Point and never think twice about it. I guess I should spend more time there and learn the lake. But for 1/2 to 1 1/2 hour of driving, I can have much more lake to fish and less aggravation. (jet ski's and such)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishpro67
    Dutch,

Don't sweat it!! I live less than five minutes from Tobee and have never caught crappie to amount to anything. I'll drive by Tobee to Sinclair or West Point and never think twice about it. I guess I should spend more time there and learn the lake. But for 1/2 to 1 1/2 hour of driving, I can have much more lake to fish and less aggravation. (jet ski's and such)
    And that is the same reason I haven't gone yet either.....Sinlcair and Oconee so close by......
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch
    Don't feel bad Dutch. I too fish Toby regularly. I don't have time to fish the other big waters. Toby to me is an untapped local goldmine if you know how to fish it. Especially this time of the year when the jet skis haven't started up yet. The biggest advantage is that if you get skunked, you are only looking at a 20 min ride home. Keeps the ole lady cool, and keep some change in your wallet. I would rather fish 5 times a week than three times a month!!! keep trying your haunts hope to see you out there...