Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for "No-Name " jigs

dschnell Guest

Default Looking for "No-Name " jigs

About 30 years ago my grandfather always used a special jig called a "no-name" This was a tandem hook assembly with a leaded hook on the bottom. I would love to find some. Please help!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! I have never heard anyone ever mention that lure. It's been about 30 yrs since I have seen them available.They were made by John Fujita, 74 White Street, Watsonville,Ca. That info is right off the lure label/instruction sheet. No zip code, no phone #. Last I heard the son was selling them but that was about 30 yrs ago. They would only let 1 store in an area sell them. These lures were great on shallow fish. I believe it was the first jointed- type crappie lure. It was definitely the best one I ever used. Some similiar lures I have tried are the Name lure, Polecat and Little skunk. The No-Name was perfectly balanced and would almost vibrate when retrieved. You could make an appointment with the inventor and he would take you out for a demonstration at no charge with him furnishing all the tackle. He would fish waters that had a reputation of being "fished-out" and post amazing catches.
    If you are able to run some down please let me know.I would like to buy some just for old-times sake. My grand-dad used to use them

Post Thanks / Like

Default no name jigs

i saw them in the tackle section at Knox marine, located on Knox lake in Ohio. I was in there about a month ago and they had them. if i remember right they were on a green card and from your description thats what i remember them looking like. try giving them a call and see if they will ship them to ya.

http://www.knoxmarine-ltd.com/

Sowbelly

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default No-name lure .......

I was thinking the same thing as Oregon Slabman ...... I remembered the name, but couldn't picture the lure in my mind. I, too, was thinking of a little lure that resembled a "Lisk Polecat". My GrandPa used a pre-snelled lure that came on a 1.5ft section of about 2lb test line - the body was a J shaped, flattened piece of lead on a hook - with another small hook/marabou tied onto the main hook with 2lb mono. I don't know if this was a "No Name" or just one of the first Lisk Polecats. I do know that Bluegill and White Bass could not resist it :D Just a shame that the snell line was so light ... lost many a good fish from that. And you had to be careful when extracting the hooks from a fish's mouth ... so as not to break the line holding the marabou covered hook off from the main body hook.

The Lisk Little Skunk & Polecat lures are made in NC ... but the addresses I have on my packages are different -- one is for Greensboro, NC (L.E. Lisk Jr) and the other is Norwood, NC (Chips Lake Stop Grocery). I've also noticed that these lures are now being sold without the light snell line attached. And these lures have the back hook slipped over the main hook and are kept from coming off with a small piece of red plastic "collar" (and not tied on with a short piece of mono - like the ones I remember my GrandPa using). Best I can remember, the Lisk Lures always been that way ... so it is possible that the "No Name" lure pre-dates them, or was introduced around the same time (1950's).

Hope you find what you're looking for "dschnell" ... and thanks for bringing memories of my GrandPa into my head. He got me into fishing in the late 1950's ... and I ain't stopped since :D ............luck2ya ............cp
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-22-2011 at 03:41 AM. Reason: ph#'s removed ... may not be valid now

Post Thanks / Like

CP, you nailed it. I'm looking at one right now and you described it perfectly. Both hooks look to be #10's and they are connected by what the inventor describes as 2lb silk gut. He also warns that when unhooking a fish to remove the feathered (rear) hook first to keep the silk from breaking. I would think the front hook first would be the way to go but that's what I get for thinking.
    I came down with walking pneumonia during my sportshow run in Feb. so my wife is away this week doing our last show. When she gets back I will ask her to attach a picture of the No-Name to this thread. I'm not savvy enough to do it.
    dschnell,I also did an internet search and found some Fujita's still living in Watsonville. Might be worth a phone call. I may do it when I get to feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like

They are still made by the same family in Watsonville.. Ask for Tara. Found them through Google.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-22-2011 at 03:39 AM. Reason: ph# invalid - Tara no longer involved in sale of item

Post Thanks / Like

I am sorta curious about this thing. What does it look like? I have looked all over the web with no results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hey Grousefly ...

if you take a Lisk Little Skunk .... take the trailer hook off the main hook - then "tie" it back on with a piece of 1-2lb tippet, so that the trailor hook eye and the gap bend in the main body hook are about this far apart (-) *the length of that dash .... then you'll pretty much have a "No Name" (or at least as reasonable a facsimile as I can remember) ............cp

No-Name Guest

Default No-name

Quote Originally Posted by dschnell
    About 30 years ago my grandfather always used a special jig called a "no-name" This was a tandem hook assembly with a leaded hook on the bottom. I would love to find some. Please help!!!!!!

No-Name Guest

I'm The Current Manufacturer Of The Famous No-name Lure Invented By My Uncle John Fujita The Lures Are Still Available. For More Information You Can Contact Me .... Niece -tara Fujita Niece Of John Fujita
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 04-22-2011 at 03:37 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast