Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: WOW WHAT A TRIP ! ! Talledage and fishing !!

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink WOW WHAT A TRIP ! ! Talledage and fishing !!

Life is good. It does not get any better than being stuck in the Talledaga Speedway traffic and the traffic after the Clemson, Virginia Tech game in South Carolina. Fortunately I was able to get to both and sandwich in a little Crappie fishing in between. Lake Hartwell has some nice slab crappies. Caught a lot, gave them all away to my son for a fish fry during the tailgating before the game. It's good to be back home though.

Old ship.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ship. Glad you made it to Hartwell. I live about 20 mins from there, but have never crappie fished it. It has a little more boat traffic than I like, but it's a nice lake.

Post Thanks / Like

talladega is awesome. i have been there twice. first time i went dale earnhardt swept both the busch and cup races and second time i went mark martin swept both races. being a hardcore ford man, my second time was better than the first. lol

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually, the area we fished was about 13 miles across the state line from Georgia. Near I-85 North and before you got off on rt 76 heading into Clemson. Just a nice get away weekend from Wed - Monday and packing as much excitement into it as possible. All the RV traffic from Talledaga made the trip from their to Birmingham a nightmare. Fishing Hartwell was no nice, I have marked it on the GPS as a place to go back to.

Old ship
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41
    Actually, the area we fished was about 13 miles across the state line from Georgia. Near I-85 North and before you got off on rt 76 heading into Clemson. Just a nice get away weekend from Wed - Monday and packing as much excitement into it as possible. All the RV traffic from Talledaga made the trip from their to Birmingham a nightmare. Fishing Hartwell was no nice, I have marked it on the GPS as a place to go back to.

Old ship
    That's a good looking area down that way. Atleast from land.