Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP on fall crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP on fall crappie

well i'm back you all help me change my mind i have just had a bad year. i guess the good news is that it can only get better but i am still going to need some help. i have never fished for crappie in the fall so can anyone tell me where to find them and how to catchm in the fall of the year?
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fish-wva

Quote Originally Posted by fish-wva
    well i'm back you all help me change my mind i have just had a bad year. i guess the good news is that it can only get better but i am still going to need some help. i have never fished for crappie in the fall so can anyone tell me where to find them and how to catchm in the fall of the year?
    Best tell us where you'll be fishing. Lakes differ, and so do the methods that work on them.

Hang in there, brother ... we'll help as much as we can !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your going to hang in there and not give up. Like CP give everyone an Ideal on the waters your going to fish. And I am sure theres guys on this great site that will be able to help you out.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

WVA- I did reel well up in Burnsville last fall. The other nice place is Plum Orchard. The "big" gills get stacked up in the upper part of the lake. Closer to you is Beech Fork, trolling just up the left hand fork will put alot of fish in the boat. PM me ifI can help.
    2008 Buggs Bash Champ! SML Dock Shooting King!

Post Thanks / Like

fishing yatesville, the lake depth av 40ft it is about 20 miles long with coves everywhere has standing timber, creek channels this is a highland reservior so it has pretty mutch everything.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

Try this article entitled "Predicting Crappie Behavior" -- http://www.familyfishingtrips.com/News.htm
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

If there's any bridges fish the pylons. Crappie congregate under bridges in the fall. I have my best luck fishing 10' deep. Things really turn on when the water temp gets down in the 60's and gets real hot in the mid 50's.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I know for sure, if you find the bait fish, you can catch your limit no matter what lake you're on. Bait fish normally feed off the little things that live in algie. So, I guess if you find the algie, you find the bait fish, and then you can catch your limit. If that don't work, try using a small glow light under a float, and about 16" about your weight. Hope this helps you out.

Post Thanks / Like

fishing yatesville, the lake depth av 40ft it is about 20 miles long with coves everywhere has standing timber, creek channels this is a highland reservior so it has pretty mutch everything.
    Try docks if you have them, they like the shade. The deeper the water the better. Also look for them to suspend around the timber that is closest to drop offs.
    Good luck!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. Crappie Guide
    Try docks if you have them, they like the shade. The deeper the water the better. Also look for them to suspend around the timber that is closest to drop offs.
    Good luck!

I agree w/ Sea Bass, also look for under water creek channels w/ brush
    Stinkies Daddy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast