Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Crappie Are Getting Ready For Fall Crappie Camp - Are You?!?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Crappie Are Getting Ready For Fall Crappie Camp - Are You?!?!?

The crappie are finally starting to settle in on our Bamboo Crappie Condos and biting a bit better.

Our average size was a lot better today than it has been lately and we caught several on jigs without tipping them with minnows so that's a good sign.

Darryl's crew had a great trip too!

All we need now is some cooler weather. Surface temp got up to 81-degrees by 1:00 and it felt a lot more like July than October out on the water. The extended forecast is looking good - hope they are right:
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenda...nav_undeclared
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Jerry!
    Looks like fall is here!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

Looking good Jerry and Darryl. Its almost time and I can't wait. some pretty healthy crappie on the boards.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

I had a great time fishing with my good friend Keith "Catfish" Sutton (http://www.catfishsutton.com/), his wife and another couple this morning.

We fished for bass with live crawfish and Kastmaster spoons early and then went after the crappie. We had several periods of real good action.

I guess the bigger crappie got their bellies full while we were chasing bass but the 8 to 12-inchers were still real hungry. We (I let Keith clean most of them) cleaned 49 fish and estimated we released at least 20 small crappie and bass.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I think we finally picked a good weekend to have Crappie Camp. The extended forcast is looking great and the crappie are cooperating every day so things are shaping up for a fun and productive weekend. The lake is low but holding steady and we have plenty of cover to fish around that's at the right depth.

We left the bass alone today and went looking for better quality crappie than we found yesterday and it paid off:

FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com