Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, I Bit The Bullet

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Well, I Bit The Bullet

After 52 loyal years with GM, including a new 2007 Impala, I made a decision to buy a new Toyota Tundra...I have a sinking feeling about doing it but GM let me down on warranty...I have a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado with braking and steering problems..Intermediate steering shaft (3) and rotors turned 3 times. The truck is still in warranty & GM knows they have braking problems but they refused to work on my truck saying it was a normal wear problem that GM does not warranty...This has been an ongoing problem since the truck was new and I have made numerous trips to the dealership...The truck now has 33,000 miles on it..I understand there is a class action suit being filed against GM concerning the brake problem...I know the trucks have been recalled in the North East states..

I didn't leave GM, they left me...I hope the new Tundra will be a better truck..I have read some reviews from happy owners....
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Post Thanks / Like

Me too Mr. Don, I will never buy another american made vehecle. I'm sorry I hate saying this,but that is the way life goes. My next one will be Toyota,along with a newer boat......:D

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    Me too Mr. Don, I will never buy another american made vehecle. I'm sorry I hate saying this,but that is the way life goes. My next one will be Toyota,along with a newer boat......:D
    Hey Rusty, like I said, I have a sinking feeling doing it but, at least, the Tundra is made in America.
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my Tundra!!
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

I got no problem with you boys going in that direction was a GM guy for years cause Dad was - but I bought an F150 new when the body style changed in 97 - 350,000 miles later I bought a used 2003 crew-cab F150 nearly 100,000 - I stuck on the F150 for now - never know when you will get a bad one - but the customer service lets you down you don't get over it till they do you right
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well I will just stick with my Chevrolet Suburban and my Ford F250 Truck lol I went to both. But where I live it is just around the corner to the Chevrolet Dealership, 30 miles to the Ford Dealership, and 2 hours to the rest so im not buying a new toyota tundra but the only reason is that if it needs warranty work, they are 2 hours away.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I just traded a Ford F-150 W/ 130,000 mi for a Tacoma. Wanted a smaller truck and that 12 mpg sucked.
    Later RL

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Read the Consumer reports! Tacoma is tops. The main reason I did not get a Tundra is my wife could not see over the steering wheel. She would have had to use a "booster seat".
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with my Tacoma.

Post Thanks / Like

Default F-150

Very happy with my Ford.
    Joe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast