Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West Point

Post Thanks / Like

Smile West Point

Went fishing at West Point Sat 26th kept 48 fish over 10", biggest 1 1/2lb, caught alot of small fish and threw them back, big fish still in deeper water suspended 4 to 15 ft, no particular color jig seemed better than another. Water temp 54-55 degrees, fished Whitewater and Wedahakee. Some friend of ours caught a limit. We had a great time.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Landing Sites

Hello Mudmac, What are the landing site to get to the areas in Whitewater and Wedahakee Creeks. I would like to come over and try West Point. I will be coming from the Lake Talquin area. At Whitewater will the Whitewater Recreation Landing site be O.K. and at Wedahakee will Wedahakee Park, Evanville Recreation or Dewberry landing be O.K. Thank for any information, I know you don't want to give away all your hotspots.

dawgdaze Guest

If you are used to Lake Talquin, West Point lake will be very disappointing. The crappie are not nearly as big. You can catch over a 100 a day but they will be about the size of your thumb.

Post Thanks / Like

West Point has a bunch of launch ramps. I often put in at Holiday off 109. It is a 1-2 mile boat ride to Whitewater or Wehadkee. The crappie I caught this past Saturday up in Yellowjacket were the smallest I've ever seen at West Point. There must have been a good hatch last year. We caught over 100 and only kept about 20. Only 2 weighed over a pound but one went 1.75.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bragging Rights

I have a brother-in-law that lives in Atlanta and he wants to show me how to catch some slabs. I saw the posting and it is going to be college break hear, so my wife is off. I felt like West Point would be a good place for him to saw me what he knows. Thanks for the infor. Whitewater or Wehadkee sounds like the places to go. If times permitts I will try Yellowjacket.

Post Thanks / Like

Default West Point and Lake Harding

Great catch PanMan, gotta get back up to West Point myself, fished Harding Sat Feb 26, 2005 and caught 10 slabs off a dock in 28 feet of water on the Harris Co side of the lake. The crappie run is going to be wide open in no time, wish this cold front had not come in, things were getting good til the front made it to town, the next two weeks should warm up and things will be on again. Hey and too, you guys register on the bragboard and post some pics.... I'm under Paul Bloxom, Lake Harding. Get your lines wet.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Panman. Do you know of any good campgrounds on lake Talquin? I'm going to try to get down there later this spring to fish lake Iammonia for bream but there is no place on Iammonia to camp. When you fish West Point try Beech creek of of yellowjacket it's usually pretty good. I'll be at West Point Mar 20 through 25 at Hollday campground.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Campind on Lake Talquin

There are serveral camping sites on the lake, Whippoorwill Sportsman's Lodge and Ingram's Marina at Lake Talquin. You can use the CrappieUSA web-site to get the information on these two locations, Lake Talquin Tournament on 2-5-2005. I use Whippoorwill all the time, very nice folks there and good food, too. Web-site: http://absband.com/THELASTCAST.html
    Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan
    Hello Mudmac, What are the landing site to get to the areas in Whitewater and Wedahakee Creeks. I would like to come over and try West Point. I will be coming from the Lake Talquin area. At Whitewater will the Whitewater Recreation Landing site be O.K. and at Wedahakee will Wedahakee Park, Evanville Recreation or Dewberry landing be O.K. Thank for any information, I know you don't want to give away all your hotspots.

Whitewater Rec Landing is good and Dewberry on Wedahakee, I've had some stuff stolen out of my truck at Evanville so I don't mess with it. Right now I'd start trolling right there at Dewberry then go up under the bridge to the train trussel on the left side and just on the other side of it. Whitewater make sure you follow the bouys the mouth is tricky and start fishing around bouy 6 and 7 and work your way up to the standing timber. Hope this helps you out.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Landings

Thanks mudmac, things sound like it may be heating up. I talked to the guy at Jiffy Jigs and he says that the lake is down. When he delivered some jigs to a location there, he saw someone floating dock on dry land. The lake may be back up some, with the rain that has come. I will be sure to be carefull. Thanks again.