Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: thinking of giving up

Post Thanks / Like

Default thinking of giving up

i have tried bass fishing and can't seem to get to catching fish regularly so i switched over to crappie fishing. i have had a lot of help from everyone on this fourm but i am now back to not catching any fish. i first started about a year ago and it seems to be getting worse. went out last night and fished all night and only caught 3 fish. after driving for 1 hour to get to the lake and then come home empty handed is getting old. i have no idea what i am doing wrong but i am getting tired of it. just sharing my thoughts and thinking of giving up fishing all together.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Post Thanks / Like

dont give up buddy...could be a few reasons why

1. plain old bad luck
    2. might be something wrong with the lakes in the area
    3. shoot if anything start catfishing lol
    4. might need to try some different tactics

alot of time even my almighty skills will produce a few bad days.. but think of it.. just being out with nature and enjoying life is plenty reward.. the fish are a bonus

remeber a bad day fishing beats a good day working...

hope things work out for ya bud

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t give up accept the challenge. If it weren`t a challenge it wouldn`t be fun. I might think of hiring a guide or talking to others on that particular lake. What type baits are you using? What areas are you fishing? Are you using lights? Are there any docks on the lake near deep water, with lights on? We can help you just do not get frustrated.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't give up.

First of all, try to hook up with another guy who is successful, maybe via the West Virginia board. Or hire a guide for a day for a day and pick his brains.

Second, here is a great book on fishing jig-type lures for any species. It's a gold mine of info for he who has ears to here:

http://www.fishingworld.com/Slider/D...99623&SKU=Book

Finally, check out some of the articles in the link below. I catch a lot of fish with these float techniques.

http://www.jjc.edu/clubs/anglers/Patch/strats.html
    Last edited by deathb4disco; 10-05-2007 at 10:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Let us know where you're fishing, the water conditions (clarity & temp), depths of lake or pond, etc... and we will try to help guide you the way! What have you been using for bait and what technique? Don't give up, we all have been there too, and there is always something new to learn. Even when you don't catch fish, keep a log, and you will know the next time in these conditions what won't work and try something new.

Post Thanks / Like

Never give up. Its like I say about hunting, its not the kill its the hunt. What I mean is when your out there fishing and not catching anything just stop, listen to the water slapping the boat, smell the fresh air, grab you a can of vienna sausages and a soda and just sit back and tell yourself how lucky you are just to be outside enjoying the outdoors.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I have fished every day since May,Come on you can get right,Try some catfishing,thats all I do.Alot of fun and can catch some ALMOST every night.I am lucky to be able to ride a few miles and get on ragged out old toon and fish.I can see it would be rough doing all that to get there and not get alot of fish.Think BIG FISH!

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what fishing is all about. Its not about how many you catch but how enjoyable being outside and getting away from the hustle and bustle is
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

let me tell you a little story about a fisherman i know. Ah hem, This fisherman goes out bassing in a small weekly tourney every thursday night. 3 years he has been doing this. first two years caught a total of 3 fish and was named bass's best friend at the banquet each year. Well this year someone else decided to fish with his wife every week so she will best friend this year. And hopefully my buddy will win the classic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Chaser
    Let us know where you're fishing, the water conditions (clarity & temp), depths of lake or pond, etc... and we will try to help guide you the way! What have you been using for bait and what technique? Don't give up, we all have been there too, and there is always something new to learn. Even when you don't catch fish, keep a log, and you will know the next time in these conditions what won't work and try something new.
    fishing yatesville lake in eastern ky. this lake has everything shallow flats, creek channel, rock walls, standing timber, and boat docks at the marina. water now about 75 fairly clear the water i fish is in standing timber 25 to 30 ft. deep. i fish with minnows on a slip bobber and tight line, and use 1/16 oz tubes and curly tails. i drop my bait at the depth the fish are showing and nothing happens i do move the tube and curly tail around jiging it up and down, side to side. i use lights set at about 2 ft deep and the longer i fish the more fish shows up on my depth finder. so what am i doing wrong.

ill tell ya what you people have reminded me of what i already knew about enjoying the outdoors and i will keep trying but i NEED YOUR HELP i will continue to ask questions and seek your advice because i know by now i can't do it on my own. the bad part is that about 90 o/o of the time i go by myself (can't find anyone to go with me) but that is not to bad. if anyone has any pointers on where to find fish at certin time of the year. that seems to be my downfall. thanks again everyone.
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast