Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humminbird Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Humminbird Greg

On my new 777c, for trolling motor mount do I use the standard tranducer which came with it with the hose clamp adapter or do i need a different transducer specifically for the trolling motor?
    Thanks in advance

JohnS

Post Thanks / Like

Johns, Humminbird does a transducer exchange. They make one for the trolling motor and will exchange it when you send the transom mount in.

Post Thanks / Like

No one told me this at bass proa dn I did ask but the said just clamp the one which comes with the unit to the bottom. Was not real happy with this.

This is my first Humminbird!

I have used it once, will they still do the excahnge and when you say send the "transom mount" do you mean the transducer I just got with the 777c.

Also will that work a lot better?

thanks for all the info!

Johns

Post Thanks / Like

Yes the one that comes with it is a transom mount and yes a trolling motor mount will work better. I donot know if they will still take it back, but I would bet yes. They are big on customer satisfaction. call 1 (800) 633- 1468.

Post Thanks / Like

Angry

am sure happy someone got satisfaction from Humminbird!!! sure waas not me!! Email or phone!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I sure wish I had gotten hold of Linda colt at lowrance. I'd have two g's in my pocket.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crip47
    I sure wish I had gotten hold of Linda colt at lowrance. I'd have two g's in my pocket.
    What happened Crip? I have never had trouble with Humminbird. What cost you $2000? A 997nvb maybe.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing happened. I just don't need two good units. Thats about like having two black suits.
    CVA62.....64-68

Post Thanks / Like

Johns,
    The unit does come packaged with a transom mount transducer.

It can be clamped to the trolling motor with an adapter. We sell an adapter for this but others are available from other companies or you could even make your own.

The Trolling Motor version of this same transducer is puck shaped and generally does better around rocks and weeds/grass but it works no better electrically or sonar-wise than the one you have.

We do have a transducer exchange policy but unfortunately it only applies to new unopened and unmounted transducers and their hardware.
    http://www.humminbird.com/normal.asp?id=816
    If you have already mounted the transducer I doubt that they will take in exchange but it won't hurt to check with them anyway.

If you do exchange your transducer or buy another one, please be aare that the 777c2 will also work with other transducers like the QuadraBeam.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can

Post Thanks / Like

Default 10 degs.

Humminbird greg,what is 10 degs above horizon when mounting the gps
    receiver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast