Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boats, this ever happen to you?

David Waters is offline Moderator Shoals Area Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boats, this ever happen to you?

Talking to my fishin buddy about 2 weeks ago. THe conversation was "Man, I wish this boat didn't have dual console, I want more room, I want a boat that is bigger and.......blah balh balh yadda yadda yadda"

He asked me if I would want to sell the boat to get something bigger. Anyway, before I knew it, I said I was ready sell my boat.

Friday, I was on an out of town trip with my band kids. A guy came to look at my boat and wanted to buy it on the spot. He calls me on my cell phone and had cash in hand. Anyway, sold it the next day when I got home. Caught me totally off guard, but I should have known it was going to happen this way. It is warming up and people are wanting to fish.

Well, know I am looking for the perfect fibregalass crappie/bass boat for not too much money. Which by the way, doesn't exist.

I really liked the Ranger set-up I saw on another thread. The wide bow and plenty of room. I really like my buddies bumblebee setup. Lots of room in the bottom of that boat. Any suggestions on older boats, say from 91-95, that wouldn't put me out a ton of money?
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck on searching for the perfect boat. I also like the looks of the ranger that is for walleye fishing. Wide and deep.
    But will stay with my 2072 War-eagle.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Good luck on searching for the perfect boat. I also like the looks of the ranger that is for walleye fishing. Wide and deep.
    But will stay with my 2072 War-eagle.
    Pete
    If you really like the looks of the ranger 619 or 620 walleye boats. And do get interested in them, and you want to safe a ton of $$$. Take a look at the ones that charger boats make. There is about 10,000 to 12,000 dollar difference in price on the new once. Pretty much the same boat with the same features. Thats alot of money just for a name on the boat. I have had my charger suv 190 since mid july its a good boat on rough water.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Hey David:

My '92 21' Kenner Center Console is up for sale - http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/boat.htm.

It has room for six people to fish (besides myself). It is a bay boat - flat bottom with a tunnel - so it doesn't ride very smooth in rough water but it is wide and stable and will run very shallow. I've been guiding out of it for three and a half years and there are only a couple things I plan to have different in my next boat.

I will be replacing it with another Center Console - either another Kenner or a Blue Wave. For guiding you can't beat a Center Console.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

My first boat was a Charger and wish that I still had it. it was a '76 bas boat and had 85 HP motor on it. Developed a stress crack in the hull.

They are a great boat and well constructed. I'd like to have found another Charger boat, but the current boat is a ranger that I got a super deal on.
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ted. I will have to stick with the 2
    War-Eagle's i have for a long time. but if I do ever get a new boat again. It will be one like that.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

I am like you all on the boat, I am not loyal to any brand. Mostly its the price and how good of deal I can get. This is my first charger and first fiberglass boat. I am pretty happy how it handles the rough water and it fishes very well. Good luck on find another boat.
    Ted
    Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night will keep me from crappie fishing!
    2010 Lake of the Ozarks Super Slab Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing boat

I'd look into a ranger "fisherman"
    they are similar to a "walleye" type boat with lots of floor space and have a bait well and a live well.
    They are well built and very comfortable.
    Go to www.boattrader.com and look for one

Quote Originally Posted by David Waters
    Talking to my fishin buddy about 2 weeks ago. THe conversation was "Man, I wish this boat didn't have dual console, I want more room, I want a boat that is bigger and.......blah balh balh yadda yadda yadda"

He asked me if I would want to sell the boat to get something bigger. Anyway, before I knew it, I said I was ready sell my boat.

Friday, I was on an out of town trip with my band kids. A guy came to look at my boat and wanted to buy it on the spot. He calls me on my cell phone and had cash in hand. Anyway, sold it the next day when I got home. Caught me totally off guard, but I should have known it was going to happen this way. It is warming up and people are wanting to fish.

Well, know I am looking for the perfect fibregalass crappie/bass boat for not too much money. Which by the way, doesn't exist.

I really liked the Ranger set-up I saw on another thread. The wide bow and plenty of room. I really like my buddies bumblebee setup. Lots of room in the bottom of that boat. Any suggestions on older boats, say from 91-95, that wouldn't put me out a ton of money?

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing boat:

i had a ranger "fisherman" and it was a great fishing boat for crappie, cats, and stripers.
    well built, very solid and safe. Had a huge livewell and bait well to boot

Post Thanks / Like

Default the perfect boat

I got in a deal years ago selling my boat before I was really ready -
    it was a tiny 15' fish and ski, dual console. Wasn't enough room for
    even a 48 quart cooler without having to step across it. Got my
    18' SeaArk, 52" bottom and had to use it for a year with just a trolling
    motor and later a borrowed 9.8 Merc. Got lots of strange looks!
    Finally got a 50 Honda. Also had to fish out of a Bass Hunter 2-man
    for awhile waiting for the SeaArk to be delivered, it was a special order
    with alum. floor and sides, and took forever. I have spent countless
    hours researching my next - like the walleye boats, but have noticed
    the trend lately towards bigger casting decks in them - not what I want.
    I am so oriented towards trolling out the back in rough water, I want
    more floor space. Have been looking at a lot of center console bay boats,
    but am put off by the extremely high front casting decks in them.
    I am interested in some day learning spider rigging to be more versatile,
    and want a low front deck. I finally found one with everything I've been
    looking for, a Carolina Skiff Sea Chaser 1800 rolled gunnel, but it sold
    before I could free up enough dough to get it - it was at a car lot here.
    Really like the thoughts of on the water wash-down! Fish blood, tater
    chips, spilled drinks, etc. just hose 'em out the back. Have heard rumors
    of a place somewhere around Florence, Sheffield, somewhere in that area
    that brings in alot of this type of boat from the Gulf- may have to check
    into that, but right now $$ tight, so just wishin'
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast