Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Today on The Hollow

Post Thanks / Like

Default Today on The Hollow

Fished this morning for about 5 hours. It was slow but did manage to catch these and a dozen or so throwbacks! Fished from 10 to 45 ft. of water and in between!It was s l o w!!!The 2 spots[green carp] were hitchhiking so I gave them a ride. The smallest one swallowed my jig and was bleeding so figured the frying pan was the place for him. The water temp. was 76*, it needs to cool down to turn em on!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch, thats about how we did on Beaver this morning. I'm sure things will pick up soon, water here was bout 76 deg.

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I know slow too lately. I am sure it still was fun and much better than most anywhere else you could have been, LOL!

Good catch on a slow day. I didn't get that many in my 4 hours this week. My water temp is still to hot. it starts out at about 82 in the morning and is 85-86 by afternoon so we still need about 10 more degrees less.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Good catch for a summer day...oh wait it's October, not July.Coulda fooled me. 90 degrees here in Cincinnati area with little relief in site. I'm glad to see some Dale Hollow crappie on here. DH doesn't get as much respect for crappie as I think it deserves. We went down a few years back for smallmouth and caught so many nice slabs the first day, some on 1/4 ounce whit spinnerbaits, that we didn't fish for smallies the rest of the weekend. We caught some really nice slabs, better than we had done at Barkley and Kentucky in a few years. I also caught my biggest smallmouth to date, a 7 pound bruiser, on a crappie minnow on 4 pound line after we stopped fishing for 'em. Always seems to work out that way....
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, Its still like Summer with low water!!Dale Hollow is definatly underrated as a Crappie Fishery! I too started out here as a Bass fisherman. After Slab Crappie hammerin my crankbaits that changed!!Now we seldom Bass fish but have caught some Good ones- 9lb 14 Largemouth, 7 lb Smallie!!
    Good Fishin To Ya!! Dennis Dale Hollow Crappie www.dalehollowcrappie.4t.com