Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fresh water software for Garmin

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fresh water software for Garmin

I have a Garmin 176C. I have the Bluechart that covers Virginia tidal waters. Now I want to get detailed maps of inland lakes. I know Garmin has Hot Spots and I would like some opinions on that. What else is availible for uploading on Garmin units?

Looking for opinions so I don't waste more money.

Thanks,

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger690,
    I recommend that you get the hotspots map. It's nice to have that electronic map right at your fingertips. It shows so much detail like the creek/river channel. It is nice to know where the channel is as it relates to the shallow water. Once you get the confidence in the map it is well worth the money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    I have a Garmin 176C. I have the Bluechart that covers Virginia tidal waters. Now I want to get detailed maps of inland lakes. I know Garmin has Hot Spots and I would like some opinions on that. What else is availible for uploading on Garmin units?

Thanks,

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 176c also. THey have been discontinued, replaced by the 276c. MAke sure you contact Garmin support before you buy any software.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690

Thanks,

Dayton
    I have the map76 unit and just loaded the Mapsource V5 Fishing Hotspots Central this past weekend and it makes all the differance in the world. I love it.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up GPS help

:D The cheapest I've found software os a gps is at
    http://www.getagps.com/
    I got a magellan topo, with a 16 mb card, for about 40 bucks. But, the cards are cheaper at walmart than from the manufacturer and I believe the Hot Spots are on 16 mb cards.
    This site is a guy that sells the Hot Spots in LA., out of New Orleans, gives half-day senimars for 50.00, and can answer a great deal of ouestions, and free waypoint packages. I recommend anyone chech out this site. Bon jour, beaux
    http://www.louisianasportsman.com/co...paul/index.htm
    Last edited by BeauxBeaux; 02-28-2005 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo's