Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Trip

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie Trip

Looking to possibly go on a crappie trip sometime soon. Where would the best place to go? I don't know what the limits of driving is but I will find out. Would do the trip in fall or spring but possibility of it being done in the winter. That is if ice fishing season isn't going well.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie trip

I can't tell ya the best winter fishing, but for spring fishing here would be my picks. Big Crappie- Grenada Lake, Ms- Ross Barnett, Jackson, Ms,- Arkubulta Lake, Ms.
    One and ahalf to two pound plus crappie, Kentucky Lake, or Weiss Lake, Al.
    These are just my personal favorites, I'm sure there's other good lakes with
    good crappie fishing.........Good Luck.

srm

Post Thanks / Like

Talquin is great during the winter! Weiss is also! Most all are great in the spring including the ones already mentioned. Any Florida lake will spawn in January or early February.

Post Thanks / Like

There are some really good lakes to choose from in the south for your crappie trip. If you choose to come to Weiss Lake, the best time for a Fall trip is now through about the middle of November. During this time of the year, we catch the crappie spider rigging the channel ledges and brush piles with live bait. If you wait for a Spring trip...it is best from the end of January through April. During the Spring we will be trolling jigs! Here you will not only catch the quality fish...you also catch quanity! There is a 10 inch size limit on our crappie and the daily creel limit is 30 per person, per day. Good luck with your trip, wherever you decide to go and I hope you catch your limit! See Ya' on the Water!

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    www.weisslakecrappieguides.com