Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Terrova Copilot w/foot control

Post Thanks / Like

Default Terrova Copilot w/foot control

I need some help here. I bought the new Terrova 80/AP/US and want to use the copilot in conjuction with the foot pedal, so i can have infinite speed and use the copilot for just steering. I email Bass Pro shops and they told me they couldnt work together. Could someone that has a Terrova help me out with this issue. If i cant get the infinite speed, and a smaller controller i may just send it back and stay with my old one.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

When you hit the foot control it will reset settings on the copilot. The same when you hit the copilot and are using the footpedal. It takes getting used to, but you will love it when you use it. I would not trade a terrova for three of the old ones. Response time is faster, deployment is effortless, and it seems to use less power. The remote is just as good as an infinite speed it has 10 settings. When longlining I only use my copilot in conjunction with the autopilot. I don`t like the pedal and cord in the way when longlining. When pushing/spidderigging I use the footpedal, so I can stop and go.

Post Thanks / Like

I think they told you wrong. I tried the remote with the footcontrol and didn't have any trouble at all. I just use the remote now but carry the foot controll in case the battery in the remote dies. The only complaint I have is that when you are trolling it is so quiet that you can't tell if its running or not. Crappielimits is right, you're gonna love it. If I sold my boat I'd keep the Terrova.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks guys, im going to get the copilot also.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer

Post Thanks / Like

I,m having a new boat built and trying to decide whether to keep my old Autopilot or get the Terrova. Do I understand right that you can use the foot control and the copilot at the same time? Is the stow/deploy really a lot easier? Does the Copilot have more speed increments than the old one?

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my Terrova since April and I am just now starting to use the foot control. (Found out that my rocker pedal is defective, need to send take it to the local repair shop soon, after I am done fishing!) I use the remote about 90% now and use the foot control about 10%. I came from using a hand unit, so using a foot control is new to me. Now if I didn't have the remote, just like at home... I won't go fishing!

From what I heard and know, if you can go with the Terrova.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the Terrova 80 lb with CP, AP, US i used the foot control in conjunction with the CP back in the spring when i was vertical jigging and moving real slow around the tops. The reason i broke out the foot control was that i was battling a wind and i wanted to move slowly, but could'nt get the exact speed i wanted with the CP contol. I had no problems, worked like a charm

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, FYI i also mounted the trolling motor on a Minn Kota Quick mount so that i could take it off the bow of the boat easily. I went to the lake last weekend and the water was a little rough going in, and about half way across the lake the bolts that hold the trolling motor to the mounting plate gave way and my pride and joy trolling motor is now at the bottom of Sardis Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frontfisher
    Oh yeah, FYI i also mounted the trolling motor on a Minn Kota Quick mount so that i could take it off the bow of the boat easily. I went to the lake last weekend and the water was a little rough going in, and about half way across the lake the bolts that hold the trolling motor to the mounting plate gave way and my pride and joy trolling motor is now at the bottom of Sardis Lake

OUCH
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer