Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Dave

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dave

Just in case we can't get together while I'm at the lake can you steer me in the right direction for Grassy Creek? The only ramp I see is on Rt 15 called Longwood. That is a big creek! Unfortunately my cell phone doesn't work there. I really am hoping to meet some of the people I've been talking to but just in case, it would be nice to have a starting point for that creek.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

tell you what.let me know when you are coming down and i will meet you at the bait shop and i can show you on the map if thats okay with you.
    Dave
    Boydton,VA

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I still plan to be down there some that week. I am going to spend at least one day crappie fishing. Then try to find some of those green fish for the company bass tourny on Friday. Keep it touch and lets try to meet up on the lake. You are still talking about March 20-25th, right?

I am going to bend your ear about water temps that week. Hoping that will help with the bass location/activity. Dave, I wouldn't mind some water temps from you too. If you catch any bass during the week of March 20th, will you drop them at the old train tressel for me?!

Thanks,
    Dayton

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dave
    tell you what.let me know when you are coming down and i will meet you at the bait shop and i can show you on the map if thats okay with you.
    We will be getting to Clarksville around noon on the 20th. That will work out good as one of my boys is coming up from Tampa to fish with us. So I can have him meet us there too. They did rebuild right at the bridge didn't they?

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger690
    Bill, I still plan to be down there some that week. I am going to spend at least one day crappie fishing. Then try to find some of those green fish for the company bass tourny on Friday. Keep it touch and lets try to meet up on the lake. You are still talking about March 20-25th, right?

I am going to bend your ear about water temps that week. Hoping that will help with the bass location/activity. Dave, I wouldn't mind some water temps from you too. If you catch any bass during the week of March 20th, will you drop them at the old train tressel for me?!

Thanks,
    Dayton
    Whatever I can do. I haven't done much bass fishing there. I did a little in Buffalo once and caught a nice 5 pounder. And then caught a 6.5 lb bass on a 12 ft "cane" pole. The type with no reel. Lots of fun.

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va