Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Here

fishin73 Guest

Default New Here

Hello all I am new to this forum and live in Lawrence Kansas. I am kind of new to Crappie fishing. Was wondering if anyone has any info to share. I fish some at Lonestar lake and a bit at Clinton lake. Dont have a boat right now, hope to get one after the first of the year. Just lookin for some helpful hints on rod and reel setups (Not to Expensive) and any help on a decent spot in the Lawrence area. Thanks in advance!!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Now is a good time for bank fisherman. The crappie are starting to show up shallow in the rocks chasing shad. The best places on Perry are Slough Creek bridge, and Highway 92 bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome fishin73:D Lots of GOOD fishing around here. One thing that you might wanna do is, go out to Clinton Marina and fish the docks. A small fee but,,, GREAT fishin docks. Below the dam, at the outlet, can be another goodun. I am a guide but will give info as best as I can. <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome. I live in Baldwin and fish Lonestar and Clinton all the time. I will be spending some more time on perry too. At lonestar fish off the docks as well. Brush Piles are just out in front of them although the crappie are not big. You can also catch some fish at the marina cove in Clinton during spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Chad,,,, That cooler ya had last Friday,,,,, well let's say,,,, YA NEEDED A BIGGER ONE !!!!! :D :D :D :D <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

You think!!! The lid popped off on the way home from those jumpin 13" Crappie on the floor....I think that walleye was tryin to eat em...he he....great day on the water...had a blast. Thanks! Next time I will have a bigger cooler! If the weather is good this weekend you know where I will be!