Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fishfinder on trolling motor?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishfinder on trolling motor?

Just wondering how many of yall have your fishfinder transducer mounted on your trolling motor or just the back of your boat for depth? IF you have it on your trolling motors can you please post some pics on how to assemble and where to electrical tape or hose clamp your wires down your trollijng motor...also if you have any handy home made or even store bought units that mount please let me know!! thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like

Not knowing what kind of TM you have, it's hard to steer you in the right direction. I have an Eagle up front, and I use the pod type on the motor. Just use a stainless steel hose clamp through the slots to secure it to your motor. They make brackets to mount the skimmer type to your TM, but I fish too much wood for them.

Here's a pic.......http://www.lei-extras.com/images/PDT-WSU.jpg
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to try this........http://www.stumpbumper.com/
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Check the sticky at the top of the Electronics/trolling motor board and see if that helps.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Here's some pic's from my humble jon boat. It's black wire on black with black ty wraps. The key is to raise and lower your motor while watching and adjusting where needed. Also turn your motor as far as it will go left and right. My transducer is slightly angled since my motor does not sit level when in the water.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

I have a transducer mounted on my 3X Minn Kota and don't have the cable attached to the TM at all. Instead I brought it out under the “Rolled Edge” gunnel near the bow and left enough slack to raise and lower the TM. The transducer cable doesn't get anywhere near any moving parts that can pinch and damage it, which has always been a problem in the past. I prefer a "Shoot-Through-The-Hull" type but with a Side Imaging sonar I had to go with a transducer in the water.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use to have mine just like the pictures above, but when I bought my Lund I got the Minnkota Terrova with universal sonar which has the transducer built in the troll motor head.

I can't fish without one on my troll motor and when trolling in the spring and fall it is the only way to stay in the water you want so you can see what is below you at all times. I have had a unit on the front of my boat since the late 70's at least.

On note that is not really part of this is I want to tell everyone that has not tried one of the wireless models that I absolutely love using that little remote so much more than a foot pedal it's unbelievable how much it frees you.

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

mine is just like the 1 above also, just call your manafacture rep and the can send you the parts needed. the 1 in the rear is a typical mount. i run dual eagle 320's and love them.

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I skipped all the clamps and crap. I strapped mine down with cable ties and have not had any problems with it. I was worried about metal hardware rusting over time.
    Your not fishing, unless your crappie fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't strapping it to the trolling head screw up your depth readings?
    Good things come to those who bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast