Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why

Post Thanks / Like

Question why

do i need 2 batterys? i have a troll/ start batt and a troll batt. i have never depleted either 1. the guy who owned th boat before me said he just ran 1 battery. i only have a 26# t/m and 2 eagle fish finders, i figure that i can loose bout 50 lbs by removing a battery. what do y'all think

Big:D
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Keep them seperate

Quote Originally Posted by stinkies daddy
    do i need 2 batterys? i have a troll/ start batt and a troll batt. i have never depleted either 1. the guy who owned th boat before me said he just ran 1 battery. i only have a 26# t/m and 2 eagle fish finders, i figure that i can loose bout 50 lbs by removing a battery. what do y'all think

I like the idea of having your depth finder and sonar seperate from the cranking battery due to interferance noises. I have 3 batteries on my pontoon, cranking, trolling motor, and electronic gizmos. Ferdi aka Fred

Post Thanks / Like

You can get by with one battery but one day you'll run it down with your TM and won't be able to get your big motor cranked to get back in. If you are going to use only one battery you'll want to keep an eye on your voltage. You may be able to show the battery voltage on one or both of your graphs. You could also carry a "Jump Pack" just in case you run your battery down, which would be lighter than a deep cycle battery.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

I use a lawn mower battery for cranking. Light wgt. and costs very little $.

Post Thanks / Like

Default so basically

if i have 2 batteries i should be running electronics off 1 and the motor off the other?
    Stinkies Daddy

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    You can get by with one battery but one day you'll run it down with your TM and won't be able to get your big motor cranked to get back in. If you are going to use only one battery you'll want to keep an eye on your voltage. You may be able to show the battery voltage on one or both of your graphs. You could also carry a "Jump Pack" just in case you run your battery down, which would be lighter than a deep cycle battery.
    Yep. But even with a fresh charge battery, want take long before the sonar screen starts dimming when you push the troll motor button.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Keep the second battery onboard just to be safe. You never know when you are going to need it.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about a lawnmower battery for the main motor. That's a good idea if your limited to space and weight.
    I just use one deep cycle for everything although my main engine is only a 25hp. It doesn't take anything to start it.
    A Jump Pack is also good insurance to have along.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like

FisherMike u are right on about those jumpback I don`t leave home without mine.(4 battery in my boat) I do alot of nite fishing and it has save me b4.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

if i have 2 batteries i should be running electronics off 1 and the motor off the other?
    basically yeah

my boat is different then yours i have a ranger and ihave 4 batteries. 1 cranking 2 for trolling motor and 1 for electronics.. cuts down on interference and like someone stated before one day you will be glad you have that second battery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast