Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Computer Help

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Computer Help

My computer is loaded with cookies!!! What happens if I delete them all by going to internet properties and choose delete cookies?
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that happens is that you will be logged out of any website where you have chosed to "remember me when I log in." It's good to delete the cookies often. You should also go to your start menu--programs--accessories--system tools--disk cleanup fairly often as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, you can delete cookies without a worry. Better yet, google ccleaner and install it. And yes it is spelled thay way.

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fellers! I do the disk clean-up and defrag once a week, but forget about the cookies building up. By the time I remember there must be 500 of them dudes.
    You can't finish what you don't start

Post Thanks / Like

If your computer has too many cookies, it can also slow it down so its best to delete them.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

We are talking windows Xp,and not linux or an older Windows SW right? I would also like to say pick up spinach spyware,best thing going,Free too ,I also use AVG anti virus.Both are great! Norton and others cant touch these.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Yes, BUT ...

Quote Originally Posted by superdave1984
    Yeah, you can delete cookies without a worry. Better yet, google ccleaner and install it. And yes it is spelled thay way.
    be aware of what CCLEANER is "deleting" !!! You can delete some very important info, if not careful with this program. Make sure you know what you're doing with this program, and what boxes you have checked before running it .... it won't distinguish between good cookies or program links, from bad ones.

Ad-Aware SE Personal ... is a free program that you can download, and it will delete "data miner" cookies, malware, and other junk that can slow down your system (and gather your personal info, or track your surfing habits).

Some good websites to know about :

www.pchell.com
    www.download.com

Some other things to "know", before you choose a downloadable program:

If it says "free scan" ... you'll usually have to pay for the program, in order to use it to "fix" your problem. The "scan" is the only thing that's free.
    If it says "free download" or "free version" ... it's usually a dumbed down version of the "pay to use" (retail) program, but it is free to use and is better than nothing.

And, if you ever want to know what hardware & software you have on your computer ... Belarc Advisor is a "free for personal use" program, that will list everything for you. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

... cp