Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quickfire67

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quickfire67

Sorry about not being able to go today. I woke up with a sore throat, a cough, and the warden said it would be rations for supper if I went out and sat in a cold boat all morning! You know how she is. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

We caught 6 crappie in about 1/2 hr.We were out for about 2hrs.but spent the rest of the time running around in my brotherinlaws new boat trying to figure out how the fishfinder worked.And just checking out the lake.There was 2 other boats on the water and they both said they were catching fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quickfire
    Where were you fishing today?
    Ranger375
    [email protected]
    North end of Lake Shelbyville

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quickfire, don't tell him you were fishing in my front yard! LOL. I felt bad yesterday, even worse today. I sure would have loved to go fishing but with my respitory problems, a chest cold is dangerous.
    Rudy, I will need my minnow bucket back. Hopefully, I will be able to fish someday. (Just feeling sorry for myself with the cold). I hope to feel up to mounting my Matrix 37 fishfinder when it comes this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Ill drop your bucket off Dave this week. If you need it for the Dogs let me know I can run it over tonite.If Frances Gail needs help taking care of the dogs while your sick let me know and Ill run over to help.Hope you get to feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranger we were fishing at Lake Mattoon the water temp was 42 degrees is that getting warm enough to start turning turning the crappie on?Im just curios because Im somewhat new to crappie fishing.Its supposed to warm back up Thurs.If it does I plan on being back out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I have got other buckets but I want that one back. I have been bundling up and feeding the dogs but I appreciate the offer. I am feeling better today, it is down to a stuffy nose and head.
    The crappie fishing will be spotty until about the time the dogwoods are blooming. Then, you can catch crappie anywhere. If a guy can find them, you can catch before then. Let me know when you plan to go so I can go and get some minnows. They work better than jigs at this time.
    I got my new depth finder yesterday. It looks like it may take me a while to hook it up but I may get Steve Lemar to help me. Did you ever get yours hooked up?