Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 334c question?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 334c question?

I was trying to put in some waypoints by entering long. and lat. degrees. and noticed my map was getting kinda mixed up with all my old trails. So i decided to delete the trails, which, I guess deleted all my waypoints. Is there a way to get these waypoints back or they just gone? Thanks, Dave

Post Thanks / Like

By just deleteing trails it shouldn't have done the way points. But if yours is as big of piece of junk as my 334c, I can see why it happened. Mine will not keep locked on the sat., every time I go out I end up resetting the unit. It won't stay on the map/sonar page. I was in Tn. this spring and it goes to a lake in Indiana. Every time I turn it on its something different. It will go back to Lowrance either for repair or I'm going to try to swap it out for another unit. I won't buy another Lowrance product.

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping they were still in there somewhere, but I don't think so. Mine used to go to oklahoma when I turned it on, but now it usually goes to the last lake I was on till it finds itself. It was such an expensive purchase for me i"ll have to keep it for a while. I like it for the most part although I think hummingbird is taking center stage. Thanks for responding.

Post Thanks / Like

After posting this I went to a different website and discovered that a lot of people download their trails and waypoints to a pc. to save them. They also gave a persons name at lowrance to contact that they had good luck with. This was posted at Bassboatcentral.com in the gps or electronic board I think. Mine has locked up once and I did the softstart thing and it started working. Thanks, dave

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NJcrappie
    The lowrance 334 really makes me mad. I have mine mounted in the open and it has a hard time holding signal. It also locks up randomly. I called lowrance a few times about a few problems and I was not happy. After being on ho;d for what seemed to be for ever hey kept telling me to update it and I kept telling them I had the latest update installed. Then they were blaming navionics, navionics keeps blaming lowrance. So now I have a unit that locks up (the keys do not respond) and IF it gets a signal it shows me over land most of the time. I am saving $$$ to replace my lowrance. They do not deserve to be in my boat. Sorry for the rant.

As stated above it should not have deleted your way points but it being a 334 it wouldn't surprise me. If you find a way to recover them please let me know. I have lost a ton of way points with this unit b/c of it locking up. (need to reset everytime it does it) To be honest I rarely hook my 334 up.
    I just put a Navionics map card in my Lowrance. It takes a couple of minutes to get going once you switch to Navionics map mode. During this time, it will not respond to key strokes and acts like it is locked up except for the little SD icon in the lower right corner that flashes as it is reading data.

You can also put an empty SD card in the unit and transfer your waypoints to it so you don't lose them. Go to the second menu screen, transfer my data, and save.

I keep waypoints for about a dozen lakes I fish in separate files on a card. Each time I go fishing, I delete all the waypoints in flash memory and load the points from the file for the lake I'm going to fish. I also have a copy of all these files on my computer.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award