Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Something that could cost you bunches.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Something that could cost you bunches.

There is a post in another thread that put this artical out. It is from BASS and I think, after you read and quit snickering, that you may want to get hold of your congressmen and let them know how you feel.

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/b...news_EPA_alert
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

I emailed my Congressman and this was his reply:

Thank you for contacting me regarding recreational boating. I am glad to have the benefit of your views on this issue.

In September 2006, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals struck down a 34-year-old regulation that exempted recreational boats from an Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rule related to the Clean Water Act. The regulation was initially intended to stop water discharges from ocean-going freighters and tankers in U.S. waters. However, the court ruled that the EPA did not have the authority to exempt recreational boats. Because of the court action, the EPA has been given until September 30, 2008, to develop and implement a national permit system for all vessels in the United States , covering a variety of normal, operational discharges, such as deck runoff.

In response to this ruling, Congressman Gene Taylor (D-MS) introduced the Recreational Boating Act (H.R. 2550) on May 24, 2007. This bill would amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to reinstate for the EPA's recreational exemption, forgoing the permitting process. Currently, the House Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment is considering this legislation.

Be assured I will keep your views in mind as Congress considers legislation affecting recreational boating. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of assistance.

With best wishes, I am

Sincerely Yours,

Roger F. Wicker
    Member of Congress

Post Thanks / Like

Wicker speaks loads for our state. Now that's service. Our reps are some of the best!!!