Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $21,000 Lake Texoma Tournament

Post Thanks / Like

Default $21,000 Lake Texoma Tournament

This is a new tournament. It is not affiliated with any of the tournament trails but, has a lot of local business interest backing it.

This is an effort started by the Sherman, TX tourism commission or whatever it is actually named.

http://www.texomacrappie.com/index.html

June 14,2008. I think it will be a good time for all if you decide to participate. Seminar on Thursday, Banquet on Friday night, Fish on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

The seminar speakers for friday night is the 6 time crappie championship team of Capps & Coleman

Post Thanks / Like

Registrations are beginning to come in. The first 25 teams to send in registrations will win draw prizes. 2 of the prizes awarded will be the hotel room for the tournamnet paid for.
    www.texomacrappie.com
    Last edited by trsteele; 10-02-2007 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Website updated

Exhibitor Opportunity updated

Post Thanks / Like

Question message box

you need to empty your message box. tried to send pm but says it's full.

Post Thanks / Like

It is empty now

Post Thanks / Like

An update on the tournament. Getting more sponsors onboard each day. Website will have more updates soon. www.texomacrappie.com

Check out the Exhibitor link for those who make and sale their own products and services.

Still looking for more sponsors. Will have 2 ads running in Crappie World magazine about the tournament.

Any questions please contact me at [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Added a new link to website called Articles & Tips. If anyone wants to post to that area send the information to me.

http://www.texomacrappie.com

Talking to a couple of Crappie Guides on Texoma about them posting fishing reports and photos.

Things are going well I am starting to get calls from manufacturers about sponsorships. Thanks to everyone for
    your talking up this tournament. Keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who don't know about the Six Old Geezers website it is a Forum about fishing on Lake Texoma. Most of the posts are from Striper Fishermen about Striper Fishing. This is a thread I read the other day on the site:

Rick Sproat (Ricky)
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 08:23 am
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For you guys that enjoy crappie fishing I'm here to report the coming crappie explosion. Never in all my years have I caught so many crappie while catching bait. The lake is loaded with em. One net I threw the other morning netted about 35 fish. One was a shad and the rest were small crappie. By the time I have caught enough shad for the day I have caught and released hundreds of crappie. Next year should be outstanding.

James Allen (Shad_Cologne)
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 08:34 am
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ricky, I saw that same thing about a month ago up North. Only by the boat slips though, never out in open water. They were about 3 inches long and some throws produced up to 40 crappie.

Curtis Howell (Ct)
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 04:26 pm
    Oh fellas, when you see that SEA-T holed up under Willis bridge, slip by slowly. I do love to eat those slabsides!!

Mike Blakely (Biggin)
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 09:20 pm
    Getting them in the Little Mineral arm also. Think it was because of the flood?

Rick Sproat (Ricky)
    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 - 09:44 pm
    Mike
    I would have to say yes. Lots of cover for them and thats what they do best. Especially in a striper lake where they are Pime Rib

Post Thanks / Like

The Store Manager from Gander Mountain just contacted me and asked if I can get the word out they will be giving free Gander Mountain Promotional stuff away like Hats & Tackle, etc. to the first 300 people who drop off their Christmas trees after christmas. They will get with the TPWD and use the trees to make habitats in Lake Texoma and publish the GPS coordinates of those locations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast