Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fishing at herber springs

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing at herber springs

Hi all, what type of fishing is available at herber springs? I hear it's good trout fishing over there? Is a boat nessacary? How far is it from Jacksonville?
    thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman
    Hi all, what type of fishing is available at herber springs? I hear it's good trout fishing over there? Is a boat nessacary? How far is it from Jacksonville?
    thanks
    I am from Heber but now live in Jacksonville. Heber is about an hour away. There is Greers Ferry Lake and the Little Red River that comes from the lake. The trout in the river are great to catch and plentiful. The lake is hard to fish b/c it is so clear, but you can land some good size fish of all species. Huge bass, walleye, and lake trout (state record) are common. You can catch anything on the lake, it is a big lake though, if you check the paper it will give you good fishing reports.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Greers Ferry also has the WORLD RECORD walleye and hybrid allong with the state record lake trout. The Red River holds the WORLD RECORD brown trout. I have not fished the lake much but every time I have we have done well in Higdon Bay trolling shad raps thru the bay. We always catch a mixed mess of fish from walley, crappie, bass, and hybrids. We have also caught some really nice flat heads trolling thru there as well. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I from Heber Springs, and you can catch crappie if you will fish right up against the bluffs very deep, we have caught alot of nce size crappie so just keep tring