Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New Here with ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Here with ?

New to Crappie fishing and bought the Humminbird 777c, for the money would you recommend a different model?

I don't even know how to use it yet.

Any comments about this unit and my question is since i have it mounted on the trolling motor, how do I know which side of the boat the fish are on ?

I know this sounds stupid but I really don't know.

Thanks

John

Post Thanks / Like

Thats a pretty nice unit. It has a dual beam transducer. It will be looking straight down with 20 deg cone and 20 deg. out to each side. there are other post on here that explain this alot better. Jerry Blake has a good post that I believe is a sticky that goes into a better explanation on graphs and fishfinders. with the single 20 deg cone you would see a 2 ft circle on the bottom of the lake in ten foot of water. so with the dual beam give you a 60 deg. look right under the transducer the thing i read on it said it also has sonar. but not to familar with the sonar looking units. there are more knowledgable people on here that will chime in. the post of Jerry's is on the archive things we don't want to lose on the main page it called (getting the most from your graph).
    Last edited by grubby; 09-27-2007 at 11:17 PM.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Johns,
    I would have gotten the next model up (787c2) but than I like to use GPS. Other than the GPS buttons, being able to display maps and the memory card the 777c2 is the same exact unit. You can add a GPS receiver to it later but it still will not show maps just a blank screen with Lat/Lon grid pattern and the waypoints you marked.
    Comes with the 20/60 degree dualbeam sonar so in 10 feet of water you are viewing either 3.3 or 10 feet of the bottom (depth multiplied by 0.33 or 1.0). This does not tell you which direction the fish or any structure it shows is just whether they are within the smaller transducer beam or the wide one.
    It can use the optional QuadraBeam transducer as well which can show you whether something was in the left or right quadbeam.

Let me know if you have any questions.
    Greg Walters at Humminbird
    [email protected]
    I help because I can