Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake 'O the Pines report with picture

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake 'O the Pines report with picture

Went to see Wild Bill at the Johnson Creek Mini Mart. Got a great BBQ Brisket sandwich and some shinners. He put me on these nice-un's. Most of 'em are males but the big one is over 15 inches. Best part about it was, I didn't have to fish with two hundred other boats like I've been doing all winter. I wish I had another one of those sandwiches right now! Thank you Bill! Percher
    Last edited by percher; 02-27-2005 at 10:11 AM.

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

nice catch !!!!

BIG LEO

Post Thanks / Like

Nice catch Percher! Looks like the Whites were the larger and harder to catch fish. How'd you catch all of 'em, and how deep were they?

Thanks, <,"}/>{ Rippa
    Just one more cast, I promise!
    Common sense isn't all that common these days.
    Take the Time & Take the Kids

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Percher!

After seeing the picture and hearing about this sandwich I had to go give it a try last saturday.

Unfortunatly did not get to meet Mr. Wild Bill but the nice girl running the shop told me the fish were still deep. Got 1/2 lb mixed rossies/medium shinners and a brisket sandwich and hit the lake.

Caught all these pretty females in 14-18 ft of water in Johnson's creek. Only 3 or 4 males out of 22 fish. I think I found a staging point full of females with eggs ready to head up to the banks when the temp gets right. As good as the fishing was its hard to tell which I enjoyed more between slabs and that brisket...

Last edited by Fishin_Magician; 03-09-2005 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Whats wrong with this picture?

size limit,10". daily bag limit,25. living in East Texas priceless.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up I can just almost taste the brisket now!

Hey Magician, thats a nice lookin mess of fish you got there! What kind of structure did you catch them off of, and how far up the arm did you have to go? Did you weight the biggest ones? Looks to be well over 2lbs!

I hope to do as well when I come down next week. All hints appreciated! <,"}?/>{ Rippa
    Last edited by Tim The Lippa Rippa Mon; 03-09-2005 at 02:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tim,

Yeah the biggest ones were 14 and 15 inches smallest were 10 inches, did not weigh them though. Caught most of them on 3-way rigs with large rossies or shinners. But caught a fair amount on jigs tipped with small rossies.

As far as structure I found some brush piles in about 15' of water where I did the best.

~Fishin' Magician~

P.S. Tim check your private messages

Post Thanks / Like

Hey BIG Dave, Texas says you have to keep everything on LOP through the end of Feb. I would have let several of them go but catching them so deep they all will die. I counted 25 but It was dark, and I had a few, and well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I promise to be more carefull. I may not be able to count but at least I'm tring to help other fishermen catch a mess.
    Where's your pictures and reports Big Dave?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Just poking a little fun

Just poking a little fun. I'm glad to see you guy"s are catching some fish. Lake Conroe and Houston iare still a little hit and miss with our warm one minute cold the next weather. I have managed to catch some nice fish in the last couple of weeks but not enough to write home about.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hey ya lucky dogs...

Anyone have a current water temp for up in the Creek arms? Looking foward to meeting you 410. Magician, hope to bump in to you too, and thanks again for the tips. Johnson's Mart.. look out!!!! I'm a commin fer yer minners & Brisket! :p <,"}/>{ Rippa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast