Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Scouting Low Water

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scouting Low Water

I posted this on the Arkansas board but thought I'd post it here too.

I'm sure all you know this but if it's slipped your mind, if your lake is low on water, now is a great time to get out on the water and do some serious scouting for spots to fish. Even though Jerry and I put 100's of crappie condos in the water each year, we still scout for new stuff. Two benefits are (1) it gives you ideas for where you might want to sink some new stuff and (2) helps give you a good mental map of the places where you fish. A little time and work now will pay off this fall and next spring. Mark what you find with your GPS and take notes if you need to as a reminder. Happy hunting.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

great tip, our lake is 11 feet down and expected to go another 4 feet down. makes it hard to get on the water but the places I have been finding are bound to be gold mines. finding tree tops now in 14 feet of water will pay off when the water is up and the fish are deep, not to mention its not hard to spot a dock that has been loaded up with brush. most here have pushed there docks out to keep them in water and the brush is on the bank or just under the walkway.