Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on 12' jig pole

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on 12' jig pole

I've got a couple 10's but want a 12'. Any suggestions on a lightweight, stiff-ended one? It seems like the brands I've picked up are 'whippy' at the end once they get over 10'. Are they all like that? Also, I need to be able to hold it for hours on end without my arm falling off. Thanks-

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a 12' BnM Cadillac Combo. Built-in reel in the handle. Extrememly light!!! But can't really handle the big fish. But it's great for crappie and shellcracker.

Post Thanks / Like

The fish in IL aren't that big anyway...

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve two 12" BnM poles.It takes a little practice to get fish in the boat with them.I like my 8" poles better. But u know what they say about opinions.
    Live and Learn."Life's short fish Hard"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another option

Quote Originally Posted by saluki
    Any suggestions on a lightweight, stiff-ended one? It seems like the brands I've picked up are 'whippy' at the end once they get over 10'.
    Most jig poles I've seen are way too whippy for my tastes. You might consider this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...374&hasJS=true

Cabelas used to call this their "match" rod. I have the older version, not this one. Match rods are designed with excellent backbone and a light tip. Wacker (www.wackerbaits.com) also sells match rods. Bass Pro used to sell one model but discontinued it. Because of the larger butt section, they are a little heavier than jig poles.

Post Thanks / Like

I mostly fish minnows under bobbers in very heavy brush in oxbow lakes. I had a problem finding a 12' pole that wouldn't bow up pretty badly, particularly if I had a really nice crappie in the middle of a brushy top which made it really hard to get the fish out. I finally had a stiff fiberglass pole made for me. It is a little on the heavy side, but it sure works well.

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BnM PRO STAFF TROLLING RODS

BnM HAS A PRO STAFF TROLLING ROD THAT IS LIGHT, STRONG AND SENSITIVE. I USE THEM WITH 1/2 TO 1 OZ LEAD FOR TIGHT LINING AND 1/16 OZ JIGS FOR TROLLING. CHECK OUT RIGGED BOAT.

MONKhttp://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

12' I like are Wally Marshall's at BPS. THe have nice backbone AND they have like 14 eyes.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the older Cabela's match rods as well. I got it used for very little money, and it became my go to rod very quickly for the exact reason mentioned, backbone. Unfortunately the guides are somewhat fragile as I have broke a couple and haven't got it fixed yet. I've searched all over the internet looking for "cabela's match rods" with no sucess, I'm glad they still have them available. I'm beginning to see a new rod in my future.
    Last edited by crichison; 09-27-2007 at 09:10 PM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DKR
    I`ve two 12" BnM poles.It takes a little practice to get fish in the boat with them.I like my 8" poles better. But u know what they say about opinions.
    I like your opinion. I got 7s n 10s. These guys with 20 poles out ain't fishing, they're running a trotline.....
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 09-27-2007 at 09:32 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast