Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Green Carp Bite on Russell

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Green Carp Bite on Russell

I was wondering if anyone knew how the green carp bite was?? I'll be heading down that way tomorrow...its seems to be one of the few lake that still has some decent water in it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plenty of water in Russell!

I was on the lake on Monday, working not fishing unfortunately, and there were green fish (probably spots rather than largemouth) chasin' threadfins on the surface everywhere I went. I think if you "match the hatch" with these small baitfish, you can have a lot of fun. But as far as the heavyweights, I don't have a clue right now.

Great fishing!!

William
    Remember....Good Things Come to Those Who Bait......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SavedByGrace
    I was wondering if anyone knew how the green carp bite was?? I'll be heading down that way tomorrow...its seems to be one of the few lake that still has some decent water in it.
    Just stay on the submerged bridges, roads, edges of channels and work around the areas of standing timber. you should do real well using a white spinnerbait with trailer. Best of luck to ya. Carl
    Happiness is a belt fed weapon.

Some people have heroes that wear capes.
    MY heroes wear kevlar vests embossed with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks guys

Thanks a lot guys...i haven't been down all summer..i've been doing a lot of night stalking up on Lake Douglas in TN but there's hardly any water left in the lake...Russell seems to still have the most around here so we're going to hit it come tomorrow evening and saturday...Thanks for all the help....i haven't ever had much luck on spinnerbaits but the ones that i have....it's been on my white ones...take care guys and as alway...May God Bless!!