Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good cheap spinning reel on sale at BPS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good cheap spinning reel on sale at BPS

I'm not one for spinning reels below $100 as you all know, but bps is selling this reel for $30 and is a pretty nice reel for that much. Actually its the nicest $30 rel I've ever seen, so I thought I'd mention it. 11 bearings and most of daiwas best features, and a spare spool. They upgraded the reel slightly with the new XiA model and thats not a bad deal for $50 either.

http://www.daiwa.com/images/rgxi_main.jpg

http://www.daiwa.com/images/RG2500-XiA_main.jpg

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st...001000_100-1-2
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Grizz. I donated my 1st ever rig to the depths a few months ago and have yet to replace it. That might be a good one. Dont know if yur kiddin or not about under $100 reels but $30 about what all mine run except for 2 Penns. I have a little Quantum I got over 15 yrs ago at the fishin show at the Astrodome for $19 and still tight, smooth, & landed alot of fish, put up with alot of abuse.
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

Post Thanks / Like

No, I'm serious about the c note reels. Quality makes a difference and when you use a reel for 5 years whats another 70 bucks. People spend that for a days fuel sometimes. Why not spend it on something that lasts and is a pleasure to use?

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Another good reel is the sweepfire series from Daiwa. Just started using them this year and they are well made with good drags. I use the 1500 model on my ultralite and the 2500 for deep water perch fishing. No problem with either and i've been putting them to work for me.

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have an older regal and it works great! Just keep it clean and treat it nicely and it should last you. I have had mine for maybe 2-4 years now.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the post, but honestly i have to stick w/ Mitchell. I do own a small Quantum and synergy and enjoy them both............ but nothing beats a Mitchell

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

yes the daiwa sweepfire 1500 is a good reel for the money.i buy um off ebay for around $20. they will git a 10lb fish to the boat with no trouble. i think they just as good as a shimano symetre. john

crappiekid24 is offline Moderator Ice Fishing Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thought I would also throw this in about the Regal. I caught salmon with it. I caught this one with it.
    http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=47171

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I should clarify a little. The one on sale will give any $80 reel a run for its money and the new one will give any $100 reel a run too. 1.5-2 yrs ago these reels would have easily cost $100. Reel technology is shooting up and so is competition. That means quality reel technology prices are dropping a lot. I think if you put these reels up against any but the highest cost mitchell or the low cost daiwas they will impress.

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I too use high dollar reels like Penn and Shimano's but i've found the 1500 to be as smooth as any of the ones i own. It's a little heavier than my Sedonas but just as smooth. Dont let the price fool you. The sweepfire is a good reel for any price. Just my opinion tho.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast