Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooster Tails

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rooster Tails

what your favorite color/size was think of trying some, anybody got some opinions .
    can't think of a signature- this will have too do

Post Thanks / Like

all white, not white and grey, but all white in 1/16 oz
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

I fish these for bream and red ear a lot in the spring. My favorite size is 1/16; the color depends. In the clear waters I like black. In stained water, white or chartruse. Someone gave me a hot pink one as a joke. My son's girlfreind wanted to use it in crystal clear water because it "was pretty". She caught more than anybody. We were catching mostly bull males that day. We were teasing her about her's having questionable sexual preferance.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Any body for 1/32 oz Charteruse??

Charteruse/white - 1/32 oz.
    Charteruse/black - 1/32 oz.
    Charteruse/Charteruse - 1/32 oz.:D

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow rarely use them ...

but I do like the following :

size : 1/24oz & 1/16oz

colors : Pink - White Coachdog - Fire Tiger - Chartreuse

That's referring to the "inline" version.

They used to make a version that had the line tie eye that was offset, to keep the line twist down. Don't know whatever happened to that one .... don't see it anymore.
    They also make (made ??) a "spinnerbait/BeetleSpin" type version - blade is seperate from the body, and spins above it .. hook is a two point one, not a treble, and both hook points are facing upwards. That helps keep the bait from snagging, if it skims over the top of a branch or whatever.

They'll catch fish, no doubt about that ... and the only reason I don't use them much, is line twist - small trebles are hard to remove from fish's mouths - too easily snagged - must be retrieved at a fairly good speed to make blade spin ... and/so I tend to use Roadrunners (and/or home made facimile's) in place of them. :D (when using a non-weedless type bait, or when fishing open water situations).

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I have made these things for years and my favorite is a slate grey body and tail. Then white with a blue tip and blue tail and white with a red tip and white tail. I could go on and on but those are the top three....IMO/GrouseFly

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAYDEN76
    what your favorite color/size was think of trying some, anybody got some opinions .
    Probably the 1/16oz in white and silver.Used to catch quite a few Trout on them.Still carry a few with me and use the once in awhile.
    HAVE A CRAPPIE DAY

Post Thanks / Like

The Luhr-Jensen Shyster has the offset tie eye and is back on the shelves in tackle shops. They seemed to have disappeared a few years ago, but are back again now.

Post Thanks / Like

Only thing we ever used them for was white bass - the 3/8 or sometimes
    1/2 ounce, silver blade, half white/half red body, white tail is THE ONE :D
    Used to be they could only be found in beer stores close to the lake, and
    they knew they could charge what they wanted
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

Post Thanks / Like

I make several dozen ever year in that color and size for whites. They are fond of the same size with blue too. Hybrids fancy them as well when they are hammerin' the shad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast