Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pics of ???? Fish ?? on depth finder.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics of ???? Fish ?? on depth finder.

Here are a few pics of fish i think but they wouldnt bite they were in a creek channel.

Last edited by Drawout; 09-25-2007 at 07:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry the pics are kinda crappy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Drawout, I just got my 480 and would like to ask you a few question. I am trying to get mine set right, What is your sensitivity set on and ping speed setting? What about your gray line setting? My surface is alot more clutter up too! Any help would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem

Grayline 77
    sensitivity 55-65
    noise rejection low

Hope this helps oh yeah ping speed is max.

Post Thanks / Like

They're fish alright, but hard to tell just what if you couldn't catch them. Not very many and a fairly loose aggregation. Maybe crappie, maybe not. Need one of those cameras to drop down on their heads and take a peek! :p

On the pics part, best bet is to do like in the second picture. That is, stay back from the screen and then if needed, you can always use a photo editor to crop and enlarge as needed. It's a little trial and error until you've done it a few times (LOL).

BTW, here are what crappie look like in our neck of the woods! :D It's the infamous "Christmas Tree" stacking...and they were biting!

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pic i did see that on a couple occasions but it was just one tree/stack should i have tried it ?

Post Thanks / Like

I think it would be worth a shot if you found a "stack". Worse case scenario, if it's attached to the bottom it turns out to be a tree or stickup. Might be holding crappie anyway or you've at least found a place to remember and check back later.

Around here, crappie are about the only fish I've seen graph in that "christmas tree" pattern. Shad are usually a grayed in mass and bluegill tend to be a blacked in and speckled mass, especially closer toward bottom. White bass are large groups of individual arches that graph similar to crappie, but usually don't get that distintive "peak" or "stack". Most every other fish will be more individualized, except for if you have spotted bass. They'll usually be close to a shad school and usually trailing arches or spaghetti-like depending on your speed and their aggressiveness.

Post more pics if you find anything cool, especially if you get over a good mess of biting crappie. :D

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Dumb ?
    How do u know which side of the boat the fish are on from a fish finder//

Johns

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNS
    Dumb ?

Johns
    Not a dumb ? at all Johns. Quick answer is you don't know for certain which side of the boat they are on with most units. There are some units on the market with dual or multiple beams that will tell you what side of the boat it marks a fish. Don't know too many people that use them though.

-T9

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNS
    Dumb ?

Johns

It depends on the water depth and transducer degree. As to where the cone angle is falling. With the new Hummingbirds you can click on the structure and it will tell you how far it is from the transducer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast