Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Addfed 4th Battery...pics

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Addfed 4th Battery...pics

The 33ah SLA battery finally arrived. I spent this past Thursday afternoon installing the wiring. It is a temporary install. I could not find any waterproof fuse holders locally. I will rip these fuse holders out and install properly when the right stuff arrives. You see (Jerry Blake), I do use electrical tape in emergencies. haha...............The joints are soldered though.

I have the 797 on a separate fuse, laptop on a separate fuse, then the rest of the electronic stuff on the other fuse. The Guest charger is lying (loosely) in the battery compartment. I got more figurin' to do.

It is under the drivers seat as you can see. I still had room for my tool box and my pee can. At my age, the pee can is very important.

I forgot to mention that we ran stuff all day without running my batteries down. Absolutely no interference on the sonars now. My typing sucks.

Just to share.

Tom
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 09-11-2009 at 06:40 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Cane Pole,

Nice work on the battery. I have two onboard chargers (dual bank and single bank) mounted back in the battery compartment. The dual bank is mounted vertically on the wall next to the aft minnow bucket. The single bank is mounted on the floor aft of the starting battery. I used rivnuts and stainless steel machine screws to mount them. One of these places may work for you as well.
    Keith
    2008 NWR Bash Crappie Champion
    2010 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    2010 Buggs Bash Smallest Crappie Award

Post Thanks / Like

good job there thanks for sharing