PDA

View Full Version : Lcx-27c

Barnacle Bill
09-23-2007, 08:02 PM
For those of you that use one there appears to be a new software update out for it. Dated 9/20/07

PanMan_VA
10-01-2007, 07:05 AM
I loaded the new firmware with no problems.

The issue with losing bottom lock you mentioned is normal on my unit. That is what I was complaining about when I first got the unit. It happens when the sensitivity is set for deeper water and you go shallow before the auto-sensitivity can reduce it. I think it saturates the processor. I get around the issue by setting the manual sensitivity to a low setting and then turn on auto-sensitivity. This normally allows auto-sensitivity to reduce the sensitivity fast enough and low enough to keep the display from freezing.

Barnacle Bill
10-01-2007, 08:00 AM
I loaded the new firmware with no problems.

The issue with losing bottom lock you mentioned is normal on my unit. That is what I was complaining about when I first got the unit. It happens when the sensitivity is set for deeper water and you go shallow before the auto-sensitivity can reduce it. I think it saturates the processor. I get around the issue by setting the manual sensitivity to a low setting and then turn on auto-sensitivity. This normally allows auto-sensitivity to reduce the sensitivity fast enough and low enough to keep the display from freezing.

So you are saying the auto sensitivty adjusts up or down from the point you set it manually?

PanMan_VA
10-01-2007, 11:47 AM
So you are saying the auto sensitivty adjusts up or down from the point you set it manually?

That is kinda what I'm saying. It will go lower, it just takes longer for the unit to lower the sensitivity. If you manually increase the sensitivity while the auto-sensitivity is on, the unit will only increase the setting. It will not go below the manual setting in that case.