Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Son (New)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on Son (New)

Hi All,

I know it's been a pretty long time since I gave an update, but it's been slow going for the last good bit.

However things are moving along some and he has now moved to FL to try to get into a job that will lead to the same job after he gets out when ever that will be. They just got there so don't know much else that I can say. There is a fair chance that he will be able to get a job that will trade over to a government job after he's out.

His medical progress has been still moving along also. His foot though has lost all feeling, even the pain and I think they may try a nerve graph and if that doesn't work he is probably going to lose his foot. He has come to grips with that he may well lose it too and is OK. We will probably find out more then next trip to BAMC in San Antonio.

We still at this point don't know if or how long he will stay in after he goes before the board and there is even some question about when that will be.

So much is up in the air right now. We really don't know very much about the future and how it will play out, but he's moving on to find out.

Thanks for all your prayers and support,

Skip

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skiptomylu
    Hi All,

I know it's been a pretty long time since I gave an update, but it's been slow going for the last good bit.

However things are moving along some and he has now moved to FL to try to get into a job that will lead to the same job after he gets out when ever that will be. They just got there so don't know much else that I can say. There is a fair chance that he will be able to get a job that will trade over to a government job after he's out.

His medical progress has been still moving along also. His foot though has lost all feeling, even the pain and I think they may try a nerve graph and if that doesn't work he is probably going to lose his foot. He has come to grips with that he may well lose it too and is OK. We will probably find out more then next trip to BAMC in San Antonio.

We still at this point don't know if or how long he will stay in after he goes before the board and there is even some question about when that will be.

So much is up in the air right now. We really don't know very much about the future and how it will play out, but he's moving on to find out.

Thanks for all your prayers and support,

Skip
    Thanks for the update Skip. Thoughts and prayers still with you my friend.

Post Thanks / Like

Skip we are praying for your son here. I wanted to tell you about a guy I used to work with at the prison in Childress. He wound up getting a bone disease in one of his legs. They wound up having to cut his leg off below the knee. He then had the same disease in the other leg and had it amputated as well. When I saw him last he had 2 of the metal artificial legs. He said he felt much better and was able to get around much better than he did with his real legs due to their condition with the disease. As a matter of fact he was in Wal Mart shopping.
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be praying, bud. I hope everything works out for the best.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the update, hope all goes well for him

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Skip.
    Good things come to those who bait.

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update Skip. Your son has already came a loooooong ways. He's already shown that he'll do whatever it takes and it wont get him down. Most people I know would be lying in self-pity and whining about their situation. He's gonna do fine.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update. Wishing him the best of luck on his future.
    MT.DEW AND JP8 IN THE MORNING GETS THE BLOOD FLOWING.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update, Skip.

The hardest part of recovery is getting over the anger. I hope that doesn't happen to your son like it did to me. Almost destroyed me. I pray for him every day. Happy trails.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the update Skip. You know that we have been and still are praying for your son. Whatever the LORD's will is we will abide by. GOD has plans for Randy, for what we don't know but we know it is forf the best. Hey what part of Florida is Randy in now? Tell him we asked about him. GOD bless you and your family Skip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast