Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crappiepappy thier weedless

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappiepappy thier weedless

here they are weedless spoons, just let me know what colors you want and I will make ya some up to field test. I will leave them longer for ya so you can trim them to how you want. do you want a light or heavy weed gaurd on them?
    Name:  weedless 002.JPG
Views: 485
Size:  81.1 KB

Name:  weedless 001.JPG
Views: 486
Size:  76.1 KB

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappieday ...

Fantastic !! Let me see .... hmmm

For the 1/32oz Spoons ... I like:
    Candy Red
    Candy Lime Scale
    Flo Green
    Funky
    Blk w/yellow Splash
    Silver Flake

In the 1/32oz Da Fly, I like :
    Chartreuse
    Hot Pink
    John Deere Green
    Glow Blue
    Funky
    Candy Grape

.... heavy guards (I can always thin them down, if need be).
    As for the length of the guard -- the length shown in you pics is fine, or leave them longer and I'll cut them down (whichever is easiest for you).

Got a vacation trip planned ... in a little over two weeks, and it would be the perfect time & place to give these a fieldtesting
    PM me if you need my mailing addy, or any other info.

Thanks, man .... cp

ps - I'd really like to have these for my upcoming trip, so if it comes down to it .... I'll take whatever colors you have handy. I chose an even dozen colors, (6ea) in the two styles, just as a "wish list" ... how many you make/send, and in what colors, is entirely up to you. (I ain't greedy, just excited :D )

Post Thanks / Like

Those look prety good. Let us know how they do!

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Will do, Bug ....

Quote Originally Posted by crappie bug
    Those look prety good. Let us know how they do!
    First I'm going to try them on Watts Bar, then give them a trial run on Taylorsville :D
    Hope to have some good reports and feedback to post.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Hey Crappieday ...

just thought I'd let you know that I got my "weedless spoons" & Edhead jigs. Whoa Nelly .... .... AWESOME LOOKING !!

I'm not due, to head out for my Fall trip, until late next week .... but, I'm already making room in my tackle box, for these beauties
    Heck, I may even go ahead and tie a couple of them on .... just so I'll have them ready to make the first cast with, as soon as I get on the water :p

Thanks, man ... I really appreciate the chance to give these a go !! I will report back, on how they do !!

.... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Y'all dont confuse me , I'm just getting the hang of jig fishing, and now some one introduces spoons. Oh well it aint like i dont have the timee right now!

Big
    Stinkies Daddy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    just thought I'd let you know that I got my "weedless spoons" & Edhead jigs. Whoa Nelly .... .... AWESOME LOOKING !!

I'm not due, to head out for my Fall trip, until late next week .... but, I'm already making room in my tackle box, for these beauties
    Heck, I may even go ahead and tie a couple of them on .... just so I'll have them ready to make the first cast with, as soon as I get on the water :p

Thanks, man ... I really appreciate the chance to give these a go !! I will report back, on how they do !!

.... cp
    Thanks crappiepappy, glad you got them in time. Have fun on your fishathon:D just fish em like you would a jig, just a differant action and a slower fall. fish em plain or tip em with something. Look forward to hearing from you.........Keith

Post Thanks / Like

is CP back yet? curious how the spoons worked out

Post Thanks / Like

Yea CP give up the report. I have used some of Crappieday's spoons and really love them. I am wondering how the weedgard worked.....
    Birddog,

I pray that I may live to fish until my dying day. And when it comes to my last cast I then most humbly pray. When in the Lord's great landing net and peacefully asleep. That in His mercy I be judged, BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Sorry Guys ....

the trip was not very productive. The water was still quite warm, so the fish had not come shallow in numbers. We only managed a few fish in the two days we stayed. My partner caught the only fish worth mentioning ... a Smallmouth around 3lbs, and a Crappie around 1lb.

I did manage to get a chance to use a weedless spoon .... casting around some downed trees, & shooting under some docks. It seemed to perform very well, and shows great promise ... when I get to use it where some fish are :p
    I did slow troll with it, along a deep section of bank, and hooked up with a feisty little Smallmouth. And, as anyone who knows them knows, they do a lot of aerobatics and often throw your lure. Well, this feller tried his best to do just that :p but he just couldn't. Wish I had had a video camera rolling, then :D
    Anyway, I sent the pics to Crappieday, just to show him I had tried them. It will just have to be another time/trip before I can give them a better trial, and report back. Here's the pics of the weedless spoon/smallmouth :

Here's a pic that DonG took - yours truly and Partner Paul, as we observed Don & Blackie shooting a dock. You can see from this picture, that the wind was not being kind to any of us. The wind was a cold Norther, but the water temps were still in the mid 70's ... about 10deg too warm to bring the Black Crappie into the docks, in any numbers. Even Don & Blackie struggled to catch more than one or two fish from some of the (usually) more productive places. The trip wasn't much for "catchin" ... but it was fun "catchin up" with our good friends Don G & Blackie, again.

.... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast