Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: motor problems, things I can try before it goes to shop

Post Thanks / Like

Default motor problems, things I can try before it goes to shop

I have a 1993 115hp Yamaha outboard. I have never had any problems with it except fouled plugs. Probably from mixing too much oil. It will start and run fine but "boggs down" and quits at high speed (over half throttle]. I changed the plugs but no help. How about some ideas on SIMPLE things I can try before it goes to the shop. I want to go to the crappie get together in Mississippi.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I had a very similar problem with my Honda. found it to be the fuel line was not pushed on the tank completely. it would idle,start, and go about half thottle but give it the gas and it bogged out. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

like crappieday said you might be sucking air on your fuel line. Hope you get it working. We're looking forward to meeting you at Sardis.

Post Thanks / Like

Improper vacuum on the fuel line, water in the fuel, clogged fuel filter, high speed pickup on the fuel pump, etc. Might try squeezing your bulb when it boggs out and see if it doesn't make a difference. If it does I'd say it's the line and vacuum and that's an easy fix. Good luck.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

had the same problem with mine. changed all the fuel lines and finally took it to a boat man and found out it was the power pack. cost me about $140 for the pack and 2hrs labor. got it back and boat is like new again
    EAT, SLEEP, FISH AND LOVE THY WIFE

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

git some good profeshional information here .

http://www.themarinedoctor.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I have had this problem three times on a '72' 115 Evinrude. The first time it was the fuel line was so old it had collapsed on the inside. The second time the fuel pump was bad, it was the original. Third time I had the carbs dissasembled and cleaned, (I left fuel in the carbs all winter-stupid me:o )All three times I could pump the bulb when it was dying and it would run fine.
    Good luck and let us know what you find.
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Try pushing in the choke if it picks up while choke is pressed it your carbs high speed jets. need to pull apart cleanand reassemble.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like either a power pak or vacuum leak. I would figure a powerpak at after 14 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Thanks for all the replys. I will try them this week. If it does turn out to be a powerpac, how much is it going to cost me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast