Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2" tube's for jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2" tube's for jigs?

Why is there not more 2" tubes made? Or am I just not looking in the right spot?
    I know I can get the Umbrella tubes. But looking for standard 2" tubs or even some 2 1/2" or three inch. I am thinking when I go to bigger baits I get better fish. So fish with bigger tube's and see what Happens.
    Or is there anyone out there that pours there own tubes? Would like to be able to pour what I needed.
    Pete

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Shiloh ...

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Why is there not more 2" tubes made? Or am I just not looking in the right spot?
    I know I can get the Umbrella tubes. But looking for standard 2" tubs or even some 2 1/2" or three inch. I am thinking when I go to bigger baits I get better fish. So fish with bigger tube's and see what Happens.
    Or is there anyone out there that pours there own tubes? Would like to be able to pour what I needed.
    Pete
    Hey Pete ... BPS makes a 2" hollow tube ... CrappiePro's solid body tubes come in 1.75" length ... and I'm sure other tube mfg's have a 2" version. If you want to go longer than 2" ... you're probably looking at the wrong species section of baits. Look at the Bass tubes sections. Problem there, though, is along with the added length comes the added width (meaning bigger hooks/wider gap hooks). And the added expen$e !!

Not so sure that bigger baits always = bigger fish, though. Biggest Crappies I've ever caught, have all come on baits that were less than 3" long (from head of jighead to tail of plastic) ... and that includes the (live baits) minnows, Shad, and Brook Silversides. And, I have seen the time when they wouldn't touch a 2" bait, but slammed a smaller one.

I'd check into all the "necessities" ... before considering pouring my own plastics. Wife may not be as enthusiastic about the possible damage to house contents, kitchen appliances, hubby, etc. :p

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks
    Looking for 2" or 2 1/2" not much bigger then that. But at times I have used a 2 1/2" grub and out did the smaller baits, So was thinking of the hollow tubes in the size.
    Thanks again Cp for the post.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Southern Pro makes a complete line of 2" tubes, you can click on the link and check out their website. They also have a line of glitter tubes made exclusively for Cabelas too.

The 2" minnow tube is one I use a lot during tournament fishing.

Hope this helps!

Post Thanks / Like

bought some 2" tubes at Barlows.

Post Thanks / Like

Just as Crappieking said, check out Southern Pro. They offer a lot of different size tubes on their website. Also, check out the 2" crappie stinger...it is a great bait! I hope this helps you out...See Ya' on Water!

Here is a link to their Product Showcase with all of their products:

http://www.southernpro.com/product_showcase.cfm

Darrell Baker
    Weiss Lake Crappie Guides
    PO Box 778
    Centre, Alabama 35960
    Tele/ 256-927-2232
    Cell/ 256-557-0129
    www.weisslakecrappieguides.com

monkscrappie is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Southern Pro

WE SELL THE SOUTHERN PRO PRODUCTS! CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE.

MONK http://MONKSCRAPPIE.COM

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete,
    Southern Pro has all kinds of 2 inch tubes.
    If you promise to throw Todd out of the boat next time he goes with you, I will give you a bunch of them. LOL
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    Hey Pete,
    Southern Pro has all kinds of 2 inch tubes.
    If you promise to throw Todd out of the boat next time he goes with you, I will give you a bunch of them. LOL
    Sounds like Todd is going to get his bath early this year. I think he only takes one about 4 times per year. LOL
    So read between the lines. Todd is going down... Wet it will be. LOL

Thanks guys that sure gives me a lot to look at and then spend $$ on.
    Pete