Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Teezur Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teezur Jigs

I've seen them mentioned, & a phone number to order them, but I would like some more information on Teezur Jigs. What do they look like? Is it a tube jig, a grub-type jig, a feather jig or what? Is there any place on the internet where I can see a picture of them? How much do they cost?

TIA

Tugaloo

Post Thanks / Like

I googled up this info for you...

Crappie jigs for sale

People who don't fish might wonder what a crappie jig is if they've ever seen the sign in David and Jacqueline Summers' yard off old U.S. 45 between Trenton and Dyer.

The sign states: ''Crappie jigs for sale.'' Well, here's the scoop.

A crappie is a type of fish. The jigs are fishhooks, handmade by the Summerses in a shop behind their house.

Theirs have a double barb, unlike most jigs, so the skirt or bait will stay on better. The hooks primarily catch crappie.

''My husband started this as a hobby, more or less for himself, and it got out of hand,'' Jacqueline said.

David is a retired teacher from Gibson County High School. The couple lives next door to the school.

Their product is primarily sold through mail orders with shipments going to such places as Kentucky, Louisiana, Alabama, Illinois and Indiana. Some local customers stop by their house to make purchases.

The molding, cooling, trimming, flattening and painting of the jigs take place in their little shop. Their jigs are packaged under the brand name ''Teezur Jigs.''

They keep a packaged supply hanging in a small portable trailer at their home. They sometimes set it up at the Kentucky Lake. Their jigs are also sold from a store in Okechobee, Fla.

''It keeps you busy, most especially in crappie season, which is right now,'' Jacqueline said.

For more information about the Summerses' crappie jigs, call them at 692-3908.

and picture is here http://www.actionfishingtrips.com/teezur.htm
    " I believe in compulsory cannibalism. If people were forced to eat what they killed, there would be no more war. " Abbie Hoffman

Post Thanks / Like

Default Teezur

Actually I live about 15 miles from their house. I usually go over and replinish once a year. Just so you know David passed away this last year, but the business is still booming.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know the name of the place in Okechobee that sells them? Or the number of the place or the address?

Post Thanks / Like

I beleive Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters sale them.

http://www.fishokeechobee.com/visitus.html

whiplash Guest

Default teezur jigs

chobbee
    Quote Originally Posted by Crapbie
    Does anyone know the name of the place in Okechobee that sells them? Or the number of the place or the address?
    swanie send this guy the number ---I beleive the name is the tackle shop ---its on rt.78 in okeechobee.

whiplash Guest

Default teezur jigs

the phone # 731-692-3908 is the # of jackie who makes them

bella is offline Moderator TX Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

TeeZur Jigs are a hand made crappie jig from a little shop just outside Trenton Tennessee. David and Jackie Summers started the business around 6 years ago. They have grown from around 3000 jigs a year to around 230,000 jigs a year. David Summers passed away last April. I am pouring the heads and Jackie is doing every thing else to them. Go to the article page and read "Im memory of David Summers"
    If you have any questions, call 731-692-3908. Below is a picture of the Kentucky Lake Six-Pack.
    They are the best made jigs on the market.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Six-Pack

Weezer, what are the prices, jighead sizes, and how many comes in the Kentucky Six-Pack kit? Thanks.