Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: The Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Rock

Hi Guys, I went and fished the Rock at Viola on Thurs. and it still sucks. Water temp was 79.5 to 81, I fished with every sort of slab buster color made in 18 to 35 ft deep of water at the 8 to 12 ft. level. Fished deep water access to flats with brush/trees and the entrance to coves with trees. Saw alot of fish suspended between 8 to 15 ft but only got light bites with no fish. I was using the sicle jig head hooks. Did catch good size catfish and white bass. Later, Ship I still need lessons from Beagle.

Post Thanks / Like

Hay ship you got to wait in line for a beagle lesson, i was first
    buzzman

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Buzz, I'll wait my turn, but I have to worn you that I take very good notes. I know that this is Beagle's favorite times of year to fish. Later, Ship

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle is at Stockton as we speak.My ole Man ran into him at the ramp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ship don't feel bad I was out on the James river up here in cape fair and caught one crappie all day and it wasn't even a keeper. I fished some of my better spots and some of Beaglemans all with no success. The water temp has come back up so I think their confused. Going to camp at Stockton next week for a few days with some neighbors hope there biting there and Beagleman hasen't caught them all. I might try to do some trolling tonight and see if there out over open water again.

RICK

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet Beagle is really enjoying his "new to me" boat. I'd suspect he'll be on the water alot in the next few months.
    Jim - Have boat - will travel.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Barn Dog, If Table Rock is still at 80 F and Stockton is at 74 F I don't think that the Rock has turned over yet. Stockton got a lot more cool rain then we did which could make it turn over earlier. Please educate me on what you think. Yes Drfishjd, I think that Beagle will try to wear that boat out in the next couple of months, Ha. Later, Jim
    Last edited by ship; 09-22-2007 at 10:22 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Beagle was working on his boat thurs. Ship we mag get our lessons early. I think it is a little early yet get a good cold spell and things will change.
    buzz