Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: powder coat paint colors

Post Thanks / Like

Talking powder coat paint colors

:D I have 5 colors coming. Will be using them on crappie jigs and Sauger jigs. More for the Sauger jigs.
    Sure looking forward to seeing how many times it takes me to get the hang of powder coating jigs.
    Pete
    First one is Bright Orange Full Gloss Powder Coat Paint

Then a Prismatic Black Starburst Powder Coat Paint

Then a Bright Yellow Full Gloss Powder Coat Paint

Then a Red Translucent/Candy Hi Gloss Powder Coat Paint

And last but a great color on my jigs is. Emerald Green Full Gloss Powder Coat Paint

Post Thanks / Like

we are using the prismatic black as well as some of the candys from them, very good quality powder, I am sure you will like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    we are using the prismatic black as well as some of the candys from them, very good quality powder, I am sure you will like it.
    Thanks I am glad to hear its a good quality powder. And that black looks good enough it has to catch fish. Shoot it caught me. LOL
    Pete

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Its pretty easy to use. Just remember to clean out the eyes before you bake them. Its a lot easier.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Yes I have a few here that the eyes are filled with paint. and its going to take a drill to clean them up. LOL
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed
    Thanks Yes I have a few here that the eyes are filled with paint. and its going to take a drill to clean them up. LOL
    Pete
    All you have to do is heat your bodkin really hot and stick it through and it will melt the paint even after baking.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ShilohRed...just wanted to cast this out to ya...an idea...I use the cans of Sterno cooking fuel that you can get at Wally world in the camping section to heat the jigs for dipping, just hold the jig with pliers over the flame while flipping from side to side and count to 4 mississippi and dip.. it's worked good for me so far. Everyone has their own method, just trying to give ya an idea on where to start. Good Luck!!!
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)

Post Thanks / Like

skiptomylu
    Thanks I will do that . Did not even think of anything like that.
    Stickum
    I have a heat gun to try out on them. I have it so when the paint comes in . I will try it out. If it does not work. I Will sure try your method.
    Thanks guys.
    Pete

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought about trying sterno but haven't yet. I tried a candle but didn't like the black soot it left on the jig. Does the sterno burn clean with no soot?
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBNFSHN
    I thought about trying sterno but haven't yet. I tried a candle but didn't like the black soot it left on the jig. Does the sterno burn clean with no soot?
    Yes, the sterno is an alcohol based formula it burns extremely clean like alcohol. It is actually ethanol and about 3% methanol. It holds a consistent heat output of 205° f....at least thats what the label on the can says.
    No soot!

It's also a gel so it won't spill
    James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: (KJV)