Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday morning

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday morning

Well, it's 4:51 AM CST. Thermos is loaded, lunch is packed and it's about time to head out for another day of fishing. To all of you fishing today, good luck, may you all catch your limits. And to those who can't go today, here's hoping you make the best of it anyway.

fiddlefarter is offline Moderator Crappie Cover Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Mt. Juliet, TN...Percy Priest Lake/Old Hickory Lake
    Post Thanks / Like

Life Sucks. All week I'd planned to fish today but I found out I had to work yesterday. I still get tomorrow if I can get in tonight in time to put my new trolling motor on. I'm fishing tomorrow rain or shine. But today was supposed to be 58 with a 5mph wind.
    Ya ain't holdin' your mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rub it in!

Yea, go ahead, rub it in. We have had nothing but cold and snow here in N.E. PA. Lakes and rivers are frozen over and it's snowing now and forecasted for the next 4 out of 6 days. A few weeks back we had a heavy rain storm overnite which washed 95% of the snow away. Then by 6:00 AM it turned to snow and that's all I've been looking at since! Sometimes we get lucky with some bare ground and open water by the 1st of March, but it ain't gonna happen this year! I work for the road dept so there's no chance of a fishing trip down south now, snow season you have to be available 24/7.

Post Thanks / Like

Default if the lakes are frozen go ice fishing

Ummm, ever try ICE FISHING?????

I know a lot of people are getting good catches of crappie out in PA. Check out iceshanty.com, dedicated to ice fishing with forums for every state ice fishing is possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default My catch for the day

I had a pretty good day on the lake. Wind was 5mph out of the Southeast. I caught 28 in all. Some were in one pound range. I just can't find the big ones. I caught them on minnows and nibbles. I left some in my cooler...duh...

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishingpox....

I count 21 crappie on your tailgate. My last trip we only kept 16 and you got more in your cooler? You're doin' great! Maybe I need to go back to Carlisle AR? Good catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Default must be nice

Half those fish I would not even be allowed to take home because of the 10" size limit on my lake. Nice catch though
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, I had 7 poles out. I think I had the advantge,but they were biting. I bet I caught 60. I threw alot back were to small for me to mess with. I did notice that most people were keeping those small ones. They must be more hungry than me.

Quote Originally Posted by labill
    I count 21 crappie on your tailgate. My last trip we only kept 16 and you got more in your cooler? You're doin' great! Maybe I need to go back to Carlisle AR? Good catch!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappie66
    Ummm, ever try ICE FISHING?????

I know a lot of people are getting good catches of crappie out in PA. Check out iceshanty.com, dedicated to ice fishing with forums for every state ice fishing is possible.
    Yep, I've done some ice fishing, but it's not for me anymore. Give me some open water fishing! In 3 to 5 years I hope to retire and I'd like to rent a place in the Carolina's for the winter months, maybe Jan thru March. I do enjoy my spring, summers and falls up here in N.E. PA.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pig, you should have seen the thirty I threw back, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by PIGINTHEPIGPEN
    Half those fish I would not even be allowed to take home because of the 10" size limit on my lake. Nice catch though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast