Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Quaker Lake and Allegany Rez dusk pics

Post Thanks / Like

Default Quaker Lake and Allegany Rez dusk pics

Thought you might enjoy these. In that spillway pic. Thats one of the spots a smack walleye, smallies, and crappie in the fall. You can see the lines where the water usually is, and occasionally it gets 3 times that high. You should see the water crankin down that spillway when its that high and it really brings in the fish, but its hard to fish because of the speed of the water. When I'm standing down there that railing hits me about at the bottom of my ribcage for perspective, and I usually have to drag fish up 10-20 feet of wall with my 6lb test. If they are bigger than 4 lbs I typically walk around to the rocks. When the water is up it covers that far bank and fills that whole section beyond the concrete.

Last edited by GRIZZ; 09-20-2007 at 12:34 AM.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a beautiful, peaceful place you have there Grizz. Nice Pics
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I need to make a trip down there next summer!!!! Looks like an awesome place to fish, camp, and just plain relax.

Thanks for sharing the photos Grizz!

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics, beautiful lake. Makes me wanna go fish...I think I will!

Post Thanks / Like

Those are some beautiful pics. Makes me want to be there
    Soldiers and Firefighters. Some people were meant to call 911, Some were meant to BE 911

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joejv4
    Man, I need to make a trip down there next summer!!!! Looks like an awesome place to fish, camp, and just plain relax.
    Thanks for sharing the photos Grizz!
    Thank for the comments all. It is a great place. Besides many day trips there by myself like yesterday. My family goes there a couple times a year for a week, and have been since I was a little kid. Its a great place. If you like to camp with all the fun activity of happy campers around you, go in the summer. If you want solitude. This week would have been fantastic. I went down the trail we usually stay at and it was empty. It would have been a fabulous week to be there with warm temps and no rain. It gets busier as the leaves change about the first week in Oct. but before and after the peak its nearly deserted, and you would be hard pressed to find a more beautiful and peaceful place to visit for some outdoors time before winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegany_State_Park
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

... and it's only around 3 hours from home. That's a normal drive for us when we go camping. Usually it's in the ADK's, but it couldn't hurt to look West for a camping trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Good pic. grizz. Makes me homesick. worked at asp and on res. Born and raised in killbuck east of salamanca
    buzzman