Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indian Lake...fact or fiction?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indian Lake...fact or fiction?

Some guys claim that Indian Lake has some of the biggest slabs in Ohio. Fact or Fiction? I am heading there next week to see if this statment is true or false. I want everyone to post a favorite spot on Indian Lake, a favorite tatic to use on Indian Lake, and a favorite bait to use on Indian Lake. I will post my results and reward the entry that put me on the crappies with a big slap on the back! Thanks for all your help!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Indian Lake

Stop at Mike's bait shop, if he is open.

Post Thanks / Like

C-spot

Try fishing the docks around McDonalds, I heard the McFish are very active this time of year.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cspot692001
    I want everyone to post a favorite spot on Indian Lake, a favorite tatic to use on Indian Lake, and a favorite bait to use on Indian Lake. !
    You're not asking for much are you cspot?!!LOL
    Bob's Jigs Prostaff
    www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I may be asking to much. I guess I thought us crappie fishermen were a different breed. I know I want to catch more and bigger fish, but I also want everyone else to do the same. I found this web site forum and assumed that this is exactly what it is used for......discussion about crappie fishing. Hell, I fish 10 different Ohio lakes every year, when anybody asks me where I found em, I spill it down to the last drop. If you have a hard time finding my hot spots, tie on and I'll drag you there. I guess I can bait your hook too "Horseshoe" if you need me too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cspot692001
    I may be asking to much. I guess I thought us crappie fishermen were a different breed. I know I want to catch more and bigger fish, but I also want everyone else to do the same. I found this web site forum and assumed that this is exactly what it is used for......discussion about crappie fishing. Hell, I fish 10 different Ohio lakes every year, when anybody asks me where I found em, I spill it down to the last drop. If you have a hard time finding my hot spots, tie on and I'll drag you there. I guess I can bait your hook too "Horseshoe" if you need me too!
    It's true; best lake for consistent big crappie I've fished, and I fish 10-12 lakes in sw and central ohio each year. It's got both black and white crappie and both are big. I've caught 13" blacks (although consistents are about 11-12") and 14" whites (have seen 17"). These are legitimate-every one measured. Things do get exaggerated-I once caught a 13 1/2" black, and a nearby boat yelled out that it had to be 15".....

This time of year can be tuff--docks and wood, I'd say.

Post Thanks / Like

If I recall the last time the Buckeye Crappie Challenge group held a tourney on that lake they had some impressive weigh-in results. There's plenty of big slabs in there. Is it the best in Ohio? I dunno? I haven't fished it enough to know of any "spots." I know that lake is well known for it's fall saugeye bite and that should be getting good in the next 2 to 3 weeks or so.

CG

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry C-Spot - I didn't mean to touch on such a sore subject, don't know a lot about Indian Lake but you may want to try the lily pads or rocks on the east side of the lake, on another note since you will be in the vicinity try Lake McCartyville, the hole in the broken dock is money for big slabs, also just down the road there's a little white house that is said to board a chick and a grumpy old man, if you can find her while the old man is fishing it's like money in the bank. She'll even cook you breakfast in the morning, but I doubt you'll be able to walk; if you know what I mean.........

Post Thanks / Like

C-spot

I dont want to get in to any arguments but If you ask some of these guy on this forum they will usually tell you some spots to fish, but you cant demand them to tell you spots.

P.S. the bridge is usually pretty good.
    "Take Life one fish at a time"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not demanding anything! I'm getting the ball rolling for some friendly conversasion about a lake I want to fish. I guess if there are sensetive readers who may get offended about how I word my sentence then maybe they should not reply or write about anyone being RUDE!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast