Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Styrofoam minnow bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Default Styrofoam minnow bucket

What would cause minnows to die as soon as they are put in the bucket? Any cure for this?

Post Thanks / Like

Prime Suspect #1: Too much chlorine in the water? (It'll killem right now!!)
    Likely Suspect: Too many minners.......too little water?
    Next Suspect: Residue from foreign matter left in bucket?
    Possible Suspect: Shock from extreme temperature change?
    Last edited by luvjign; 09-18-2007 at 05:16 PM.
    If I Ain't Crappie Fishin', I'm Thinkin' About It............

Post Thanks / Like

He had 5 dozen in the bucket with an air pump. He said as soon as the left the bait shop they started dieing.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there algea growth in the bucket? Was the net left in the bucket? Has the bucket been in a garage and maybe got sprayed by the bugman? Many things it could be! I would try a new bucket!

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure what is causing your minnow to die, but I can tell you from experience that bubbles poured into you bucket before you get your minnows will make them act might funny. :D

My little girl loves bubbles and she poured a bottle into my bucket and it dried in my minnow bucket. I went fishing one day, got some minnows, and turned the bubbler on. I opened the lid about 20 minutes later and there were bubbles everywhere. I was kind of mad, but I couldn't help but laugh. I knew what had happened and she didn't mean any harm.

Post Thanks / Like

There can be numerous things that would cause them to die. My personal experience is the lack of oxygen for the amount of minnows, and the sudden change in water temp. If you put minnows in water that is much warmer than where they are comming from it will shock them and kill them almost instantly, well within about 10 minutes.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FishnLine
    Not sure what is causing your minnow to die, but I can tell you from experience that bubbles poured into you bucket before you get your minnows will make them act might funny. :D

My little girl loves bubbles and she poured a bottle into my bucket and it dried in my minnow bucket. I went fishing one day, got some minnows, and turned the bubbler on. I opened the lid about 20 minutes later and there were bubbles everywhere. I was kind of mad, but I couldn't help but laugh. I knew what had happened and she didn't mean any harm.
    lil stinky fed my minnows skittels, kilt em deadera hammer, what can you do. they say laughter is the best medicine
    Stinkies Daddy