Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Beaver Tails?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beaver Tails?

Anyone else tryed Yums Wooly Beaver Tails? The action is great! I tried them today and caught a few nice slabs. I fished them on a 1/16 oz. jighead. BPS or Cabella's does not carry these yet, at least not the 1.5" ones. I had to order them directly from Yum.
    Any feedback would be appreciated!
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

Post Thanks / Like

I just checked them out. How does it swim? Do those little paddle tails move in a certain direction? They do look good.

Post Thanks / Like

I rigged it to where it swam like a beaver. It looked good! It even kinda looked like a crawdad when I bounced it through shallow rocks. I bet the bigger beaver tail would be good on bass as well. The paddle tail is all one piece, but one could cut a slit between the tail to make it seperate. I've also seen it rigged sideways as opposed to upright like a beaver.
    Tight Lines!
    Jason Piper

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Right on JT ....

The "beavers" have been a Bass catching phenomenon, here in Ky, since they came out. .... well, at least these have: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/descpage-RISB.html

Yum's version reminds me of the Mann's Stingray grub .... and the only major difference I see between the two (Yum & React. Inov.), is the Reaction Innovation "sweet beaver" has a couple of extra "legs" (appendages?) on the outside of the "beaver tail".

Now ... if they will only make a "Senko" in the 2-3" length, for Crappie ... we'll have yet another proven bait to pursue our fish with ...LOL!! (and we will probably have to buy another, or even bigger, tacklebox !! ....luck2ya .....cp