Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake Sinclair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Sinclair

I am new to crappie fishing, and I have fished mostly at Blackshear, but tomorrow I am heading to Sinclair to see if I have any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to put boat in at as well as what bait to fish and where to fish? Thanks.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.gon.com/sinclair.html this might tell you something if no one else respons
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

You can put in at Little River Marina, located on Hwy 441. Cost is $3 launching fee. After you launch, head right around the point (there is a octagan house on it) thats the mouth to Beaverdam creek, start in beaverdam along the right bank about half way in is a good flat, Runs about 15' deep with the creek channel going down to 24/25'. This is where the warm water discharge is for Plant Branch, so the the water will be a little warmer here than the rest of the lake. Also when you come out of beverdam, tuen left and that is Rooty creek, another good spot to try. I have alot of luck trolling tripple ripples (black/chartrues, red, yellow, etc.) right now because the water is stained, but with all the rain the last few days the Oconee river (which feeds Sinclair) is in flood stage, sot he water is liable to be muddy enought to see coon tracks in. Nancy Creek is another good area to try. Best bet is to stop at Wally world or a bait shop and get yourself a lake map.
    For the Everlasting Glory of the Infantry.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright thanks. I bought me a map this evenin at wally world. The lake is so big, it is hard for me to figure out where would be good to go since i havent been there before.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there -

I would certainly try Beaverdam and also head out to Nancy Creek if you can, I was up there less than 2 weeks ago and caught 23 in less than 4 hours.....they are starting to move shallower, so I am not sure if they will still be up that way.....the water is about 17 - 28 ft deep and we were finding them suspended somewhere between 7 and 11 ft or so.....

We slow-trolled with 16 rods....single rigged 1/16 and 1/32 oz jig heads, mostly AWD, tripple ripple and Kalin's rigged on as our baits....we caught most of our fish on some flavor of green. (i.e. tree-toad, green crawfish, green/black w/ firetail, etc.) We trolled approx. 1.0 - 1.4 mph, we also hooked up with about 6 - 7 good size hybrids up there too.....

Let me know how you do....

Quote Originally Posted by gacowboy
    Alright thanks. I bought me a map this evenin at wally world. The lake is so big, it is hard for me to figure out where would be good to go since i havent been there before.
    I won't be at work........I'm feelin' crappie today!
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

We trolled beaverdam creek and parts of rooty creek. Caught 15 smaller ones, nothing too large. I think the biggest one was 1.2 pounds. Also caught a few hybrids. Pretty productive for my first trip out there i think.

Post Thanks / Like

We trolled beaverdam creek and parts of rooty creek. Caught 15 smaller ones, nothing too large. I think the biggest one was 1.2 pounds. Also caught a few hybrids. Pretty productive for my first trip out there i think.
    It is certainly good for numbers, but the size of the fish is average to less than average...but, if you want to go and just have a good time catching fish, that is a great place for sure.

I am glad to hear it went well for you, how far of a drive was it?

If you make it out there again anytime soon, try Nancy Creek....it was pretty good to me last time I was there.....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

I live in warner robins, it took me a little over an hour i believe. I dont own my own boat, so everytime i can get a chance i borrow my buddies boat. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

I live in warner robins, it took me a little over an hour i believe. I dont own my own boat, so everytime i can get a chance i borrow my buddies boat. Thanks for the info.
    Good deal....that isn't that bad of a drive then....
    ><)))*>

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Welcome

Ga. Cowboy, Welcome to Ga. Crappie.Com, We are happy to have you aboard. Hope you enjoy your time spent here with us. We have a great bunch of people that post here. Thanks Dutch and Ga. Boy for your help making his first trip to Sinclair a success. Good luck and good fishing! Jimmy S.